Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, passed my CBT and went and instantly purchased an 2022 R125 60th An..

Like a total junkie I just could not control pumping money into it..
  • Full Polish & ceramic
  • Full Scorpion System
  • R&G Tail Tidy
  • K&N air filter
  • removing pillion pegs and fork reflectors
  • Pillion seat delete
  • FOBO 2 TPMS
And god knows whatever else..

Within 3 weeks of purchasing the r125, I passed my theory test for my full motorcycle licence (today) which means I’ll be taking lessons and test ASAP.

TO THE POINT..

I’ve come on leaps and bounds with the r125 and really want to move onto an R7 but common sense tells me this is a massive mistake and I should purchase a Ninja 400.

Would it be foolish to jump from an r125 to an R7?

My biggest fear is spending even more money on a 400 and regretting not taking the larger leap (especially after pissing so much money into the wind with the 125).

Are there things I’ll learn on a 400 that I won’t on the R7?

Cheers Guys

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, anyone fancy showing a noob some cool roads tomorrow? Well in the morning beens as we’ve passed midnight.

Lunch on me of course

·
Super Moderator
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
658 Posts
lovely looking bike!!

Would it be foolish to jump from an r125 to an R7?
when I got my R125 my friend and bike mentor at the time gave me some advice.. just ride the R125 for a few years and really get to know it (and riding). I trusted him so i did and a few years on I don't regret it.

Idk about anyone else but I've been thrashing the shit out of my R125 for coming up to 4 years now, I have a full A license which i passed with a perfect score on mod1/2 and even so I still regularly find myself in situations on the R125 where I think "holy sh!t if i'd been on a bigger bike that would have ended very badly"..

Maybe if you are a more chilled rider then things would be different for you, but bigger bike, bigger costs, bigger mistakes. It's really easy to forget just how dangerous these machines are and bigger bikes are ludicrously fast, esp for a new rider. Maybe see how you feel once you've come off a couple of times, see whether that's something you'd want to do with a bigger bike at higher speed 😬

If you are gonna go up a size, I suspect something like a ninja 400 might be a good move and maybe not too galactic of a jump power-wise if you're planning to get older.

·
Registered
53 Posts
anyhow forget the mt07/r7 I cant bear it compared to my friends mt09. the 3/4 cylinders are much smoother and more fun.

Id rather have the R3/MT03 than the 07s

·
Registered
6 Posts
anyhow forget the mt07/r7 I cant bear it compared to my friends mt09. the 3/4 cylinders are much smoother and more fun.

Id rather have the R3/MT03 than the 07s
Really? I was considering the R7 as my A2 bike. I like the torque on it and can derestrict soonafter. Then I get the R1 after that if all goes well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yes the MT07 is just a driving school bike, overrated, overhyped, has sh%t suspension loads of problems if modded.

It rusts aswell in UK afaik.

Google and find

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive design Auto part

Bumper Wood Automotive tire Gas Helmet

source: MT07 Swing arm rust issues | Biker & Bike

I have a 03 from 2017 and non of these issues my bike was a ex driving school and none of these stuff even they drive in the winter a lot.

If kept stock not really big problems. Just wait till you have full A licence and get a 0.8bhp-1bhp/kg bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts