Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I’m new here , I don’t normally do forums if I’m honest but looking for a bit of advice. I have a 64 reg wr125r that I brought for doing some green laning only. I drive so not really use it to commute, just to ride to destination really. Anyway I been out on it on some trails and the bike it great apart from going up loose rocks trails! It’s all pretty standard . Just wondering if any one recommended to lower rear tire pressure or change to heavy duty inner tubes and reduce pressure to get a bit more traction. Or any help in this area would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
512 Posts
afaik runnig lower tyre pressures offroad is pretty standard. Obviously if you're riding to and from the location and dont have a pump with you or are riding a mix of terrains then you dont want to go too low since then you'll be all over the place on the road & rocky sections... so i guess depends on your situation somewhat.. but yes. lower pressures offroad is totally normal + fine :)

If you're getting tyre rollover in corners on tarmac (scary af, feels like the back end just washed out and then "oh no we're back") then you prob need a little more air but you'll likely need to experiment a little to find what's right for you. Just drop a little air out from where you are now (e.g. 5 psi) and see how it feels overall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for reply , yes we have a pump so that’s not a issue. I do tend to ride to locations though , I will see how I get on. 👌🏻

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
512 Posts
ah well then if you've got a pump then you should be good :) I seem to remember there were little gas cylinders (co2?) for mountain bikes to do the same job. i wonder if they might be a more convenient option too..i guess depending on how much you like standing there pumping tyres up in motox gear ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts