Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This new type of speed camera simply uses ANPR cameras.
It will read your number plate whenever you drive past one.

Then, when you go past ANOTHER one anywhere else in the country, it will check to see where else you have been.
And it will see how long it took you to travel between the two cameras, and can work out if you were speeding anywhere along the journey.

I am not sure how this works, since as far as I am aware, they need to know EXACTLY what speed, and WHERE you exceeded the speed limit to be able to prosecute you...

Basically... average speed cameras, but nationwide :S

This system is called speed spike, and is currently being tested in two locations.
The first in
Southwark in London and another on the A374 between Antony and Torpoint in Cornwall.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1267278/New-speed-cameras-trap-motorists-space-trial-UK.html

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
They have average speed cameras on the A1 are these kind of the same but plan to be further apart? Can it clock me once in London and again in Matlock? (if they where installed)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
yep!

These are more advanced average speed check camera's... Man what is this world getting it! BIG BROTHER FOR SURE - Tracking us down all over the place... They wont be using this for just speed checking up general checking up on people. They are not thick.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
one person said
A few people have said "stick to the rules and you have nothing to fear". In many cases I would agree with this, but this time I don't - because even if we are obeying the law and not speeding - our journey's are still being tracked to check. I don't want my numberplate, and hence my personal details, to be tracked by satellite whenever I go out in my car - we have no control over what happens to the data - I think it is outrageous!
this is my argument also... I guess il have to be travelling with no numberplate :D

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
d-r125 said:
yep!

These are more advanced average speed check camera's... Man what is this world getting it! BIG BROTHER FOR SURE - Tracking us down all over the place... They wont be using this for just speed checking up general checking up on people. They are not thick.
Yeah it like the oyster card thing they thought they where smart and get people to register them (I did not) and then they can see everywhere you have ever traveled to and from.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
I sick of it man, seriously, the fact that we do not have any personal life - I really don't want my kids being brought up in this world... God knows what it will be like in a few years time.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can envision little black boxes in our cars which track our speeds, and driving aggressiveness, driving habbits, and stuff like that...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Fisher said:
I can envision little black boxes in our cars which track our speeds, and driving aggressiveness, driving habbits, and stuff like that...
My friend had car insurance that installed a little thing in his car that informed his insurance company if he exceeded the speed limit. Never heard of this but do not see why he would lie. Got his insurance very cheap because of this.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My friend had car insurance that installed a little thing in his car that informed his insurance company if he exceeded the speed limit. Never heard of this but do not see why he would lie. Got his insurance very cheap because of this.

A few of my friends have this as well. It also monitors g-force in cornering and braking. He also isn't allowed passengers after 11pm.
He gets his car insurance dead cheap though. Still costs something like £1200 for 3party on a 1.1 corsa =/

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts

Its true this is the company...

http://www.comparethebox.com/black-box-insurance and there are other firms

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Still costs something like £1200 for 3party on a 1.1 corsa :hmm:
for just third party £1.1k!! Not worth it especially when they know everything you do.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Trackdays are the future if they come along, not to mention hiding them in cat's eyes which will happen in our lifetimes.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I may as well trade in for a scooter!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
i agree with benji! we might aswell all have track bikes and be done with it!
you cant have fun on roads anymore!its to dangrous todo soo aswell!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
MrAndy979 said:
i agree with benji! we might aswell all have track bikes and be done with it!
you cant have fun on roads anymore!its to dangrous todo soo aswell!
That will be the point that I buy a big bike for the track. Although doing track days all the time could prove very expensive.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts