Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

New To The 125 Market

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  NorthCust 
#1 ·
evening chaps and gals. Been riding crossers for 20+ years and wanted to go for full test but covid had other plans so figured I'd get a 125 and have a bit of fun and road experience. Ill post a link of the bike I'm looking at getting and if anyone has any pointers or advice I'd much appreciate it. I've got a couple of grand to play with.https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3044367665643111/

#2 ·
heya, welcome to the forum :)

I'm just venturing the other direction after being on the R125 for coming up 3 years. Let's hear it for exploring new stuff :D

That looks very slick in the black.

it's 2011 so first series I guess (2008-2013) like mine. 13k doesn't seem like many miles..could be in good shape. Worth a look perhaps?

Later ones may be faster but lots better documentation & tuning info seems to be available for the early bikes than the 2014-> ones (for which there appears to be none) though they do still share a bunch of parts. I've not been able to find a service manual for a 2014-> bike/engine. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just I've not found one, whereas there is a yamaha service manual pdf for the 08-13 bikes

Idk if that would inform your buying decision but I guess that depends on whether you're someone who tinkers with things or not. plenty of aftermarket bits and tweaking options for the early ones.

hope that's of some use :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.