141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012-04-29 18.40.46.jpg
2012-04-29 18.38.46.jpg
2012-04-29 18.38.27.jpg
2012-04-29 18.40.46.jpg
2012-04-29 18.36.39.jpg
2012-04-29 18.35.47.jpg
So it was new bike day yesterday was hoping to get a review posted this time today but due to the crappy weather was'nt going out in that so still only got 23 miles on the clock.

Managed to get some pics about an hour ago, first time its not been raining all day.

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
looking nice
what mods you got plan for this bad boy
i think 2 carbon akra ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looking nice
what mods you got plan for this bad boy
i think 2 carbon akra ?
Going to break her in, get the first service over and make a list. The good thing is all the mods will be cosmetic, no need to add to the 98 horses already in the stable.

There are a lot of options out there as this is a popular bike in Australia and the US. Tailtidy, belly pan, exhausts to name a few. Ots of sound check vids on You Tube, Scorpian and Two Brothers sound realy nice.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Eeeew, some new brake rotors would look sweet, but expensive =/
Also, not sure if those mirrors really fit the style :S

How easy is it putting it on the centre stand?

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
lovely man!! Really hope in joining you... Naked ;) haha

ER6N would be mine once I pass and sort things out hehe. Try get a front screen :)

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I really really want a naked bike =/

But, I cannot afford a 600 just yet...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eeeew, some new brake rotors would look sweet, but expensive :hmm:
Also, not sure if those mirrors really fit the style :S

How easy is it putting it on the centre stand?
Its realy easy to use the centre stand, its all about weight transfer and leverage. Took a couple of goes first time but once you get the technique right its a doddle. Feels a lot safer and will come in handy when cleaning, maintenance etc. Still got the side stand on if feeling lazy or in a rush.

The mirrors are my niggle at the moment, just cant seem to get them adjusted right. May get some bar end ones but will have to see how it feels when filtering first.

Nice feeling to have some decent boots on 120/70 front and 180/55 rear Dunlop Sportsmax.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Which Dunlops are they? I had the Qualifier D209s on my bike...
I wasn't so keen on them myself. Now have the BT023 which are great!

How do you find them? Mine were quite worn and were very squared off when I had them, so I haven't had a fair review on them.
Be interesting to see how a new set are?

I hate putting bike on centre stand. A 125 I can manage... but a big heavy 600, that is brand new and shiny...
Don't think I would enjoy that :p

I would eventually get used to it though I am sure ^^

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Phwoar. If I owned that bike, I would be STRAIGHT on ProBolt spending a fortune :D

I would want some nice coloured engine bolts...
Some coloured (whatever those massive bolt things are) for the front callipers.

And I don't know why... But I would also change the brake reservoir...

It's the little details that count. And on a naked bike, SO much room for little details :)

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Like a bunch of kids looking at a new Raleigh Chopper us lot :p
Very nice buy Busta, loving it to bits!
Hope you enjoy this one as much as the last :D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
gorgeous bike dude, i agree with fisher with some relatively simple colour coding, accesorising and possibly a new set of mirrors i imagine that bike looking very streetfighter'ish :p which i really like :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, going to take my time changing things need to look around at some others to get ideas then write my list out.

Will get a review up when I get her run in, need to bed my tyres in and find how to get the most out of her. Initial feed back is good, funny how my 7 mile commute home took 120 tonight. Not been over 6k rpm as yet, was cruising down a dule carriage way 4.5k rpm, about 50 ish when a Renault came past me and tucked in front. Clear behind me clear in front, no need to change down 6k rpm 75mph in the blink of an eye, bye bye Renault. Cant wait to get it up to 15k rpm.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Which Dunlops are they? I had the Qualifier D209s on my bike...
I wasn't so keen on them myself. Now have the BT023 which are great!

How do you find them? Mine were quite worn and were very squared off when I had them, so I haven't had a fair review on them.
Be interesting to see how a new set are?

I hate putting bike on centre stand. A 125 I can manage... but a big heavy 600, that is brand new and shiny...
Don't think I would enjoy that :p

I would eventually get used to it though I am sure ^^
Will give the tyres a fair review Fisher when I have some decent miles put on them in all conditions.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Nice looking bike, but as I said before I don't like the mirrors, consider some indy mirrors, there's so much more choice with the handlebar fittings!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice to see a new bike, glad you bought it?
Sure am Benji, only put 23 miles on her Saturday when i picked her up. Sat looking out of the window all day Sunday watching the rain pour down and the wind rattle the fence, frustrated not the word. Made up for it this evening though. God that in line four sounds sweet even through a stock exhaust, just the right height to rattle car windows.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
BustaGuttt said:
Thanks for the comments guys, going to take my time changing things need to look around at some others to get ideas then write my list out.

Will get a review up when I get her run in, need to bed my tyres in and find how to get the most out of her. Initial feed back is good, funny how my 7 mile commute home took 120 tonight. Not been over 6k rpm as yet, was cruising down a dule carriage way 4.5k rpm, about 50 ish when a Renault came past me and tucked in front. Clear behind me clear in front, no need to change down 6k rpm 75mph in the blink of an eye, bye bye Renault. Cant wait to get it up to 15k rpm.
Sounds wicked mate must feel nice to hit 70 and beyond with ease! Take care and ride safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts