Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
537 Posts
And how did you paint your suspension (fork)? Mine is gold, but black would look so much better i
the fork is black because it's a gen 1 bike which has "Right way up forks" and that's how they come. I suspect yours is gold because it's a gen2/3 with upside down (USD) forks (which are supposedly better). Is the slidey bit at the bottom on yours? if so, USD forks. Don't paint that bit :)

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
537 Posts
er i mean you could probably paint it but idk if i'd do that to a nice set of anodised forks😬

I wonder if you might be better off perhaps wrapping those sections of the fork (I'm pretty sure there's matt black or carbon style wrap). Then you wouldn't damage the underlying finish. You'd have to remove the wrap if you ever take the forks off or pull them through to adjust geometry, but removing the wrap is probably still easier than having to repaint them.

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
537 Posts
I've just seen what you mean abotu the gold forks on your avatar pic, . yes the goldeny bits which interrupt the black would probably be best wrapped rather than painted. I've not done wrapping but I think it works a bit like heat-shrink tubing so it should blend around the changes in diameter on the fork legs.

I guess it would also protect the fork legs from stonechips and stuff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts