Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha R125 2009 (2018 look)
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

new 2018 nose cone with carbon duct piece, rim tapes new gas tank, mirrors and inner infills, any questions PM me!
My family owns a Yamaha dealership and service in my country, so id anyone need any parts for cheaper pm me!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn that looks nice! did it mostly fit straight on or did you have ot modify it to make it fit?
this is the answer i was looking for, nobody really said if it will fit. i only found one picture of 1st gen with the 2nd gen, all i had was this video which gave me hope (
)
So i said f it and decided to get it and try my best, btw as u see this nose cone is in the metallic black color which u cant get, i got it painted with the vin number colorway (metallic black with effect like pearls) and then when i got it i took it apart and just put it back together, only thing u have to do is cut the end of the clock holder (video shows) and its not really noticeable when u put a tinted visor like me. and it doesnt shake or anything like that (i expected it to rattle and shake more because one bolt wont hold it together) but, actually the nose cone duct gives it support if u will go and do it u will see it for urself, after u put in headlights etc u cant even bend the nose cone haha.

TLDR: Gen 2 nose cone on Gen 1 r125 fits perfectly, just have to remove a piece of clock holder check video:

if u have any more questions tell me

·
Registered
20 Posts
View attachment 33963
new 2018 nose cone with carbon duct piece, rim tapes new gas tank, mirrors and inner infills, any questions PM me!
My family owns a Yamaha dealership and service in my country, so id anyone need any parts for cheaper pm me!
First of all, your bike looks freaking awesome!
Where did you get your mirrors? They look so nice.
And how did you paint your suspension (fork)? Mine is gold, but black would look so much better i think.
And btw - which exhaust did you get?
Is every mod you have legal?

-r_ydd

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
537 Posts
And how did you paint your suspension (fork)? Mine is gold, but black would look so much better i
the fork is black because it's a gen 1 bike which has "Right way up forks" and that's how they come. I suspect yours is gold because it's a gen2/3 with upside down (USD) forks (which are supposedly better). Is the slidey bit at the bottom on yours? if so, USD forks. Don't paint that bit :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
the fork is black because it's a gen 1 bike which has "Right way up forks" and that's how they come. I suspect yours is gold because it's a gen2/3 with upside down (USD) forks (which are supposedly better). Is the slidey bit at the bottom on yours? if so, USD forks. Don't paint that bit :)
yeah ig so.
but i could paint the rest, withouth any problems?

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
537 Posts
er i mean you could probably paint it but idk if i'd do that to a nice set of anodised forks😬

I wonder if you might be better off perhaps wrapping those sections of the fork (I'm pretty sure there's matt black or carbon style wrap). Then you wouldn't damage the underlying finish. You'd have to remove the wrap if you ever take the forks off or pull them through to adjust geometry, but removing the wrap is probably still easier than having to repaint them.

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
537 Posts
I've just seen what you mean abotu the gold forks on your avatar pic, . yes the goldeny bits which interrupt the black would probably be best wrapped rather than painted. I've not done wrapping but I think it works a bit like heat-shrink tubing so it should blend around the changes in diameter on the fork legs.

I guess it would also protect the fork legs from stonechips and stuff

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
First of all, your bike looks freaking awesome!
Where did you get your mirrors? They look so nice.
And how did you paint your suspension (fork)? Mine is gold, but black would look so much better i think.
And btw - which exhaust did you get?
Is every mod you have legal?

-r_ydd
thank you so much, planning to make it in perfect condition (well it is 100% perfect now, but u know those small things only the owner notices lol), im going to start being more active on this forum. Keeping up with the upgrades haha
Mirrors: i sell them
Suspension is stock, i would kill it if i had those gold forks like you haha!
I have a fake akrapovic, that i cut the exhaust pipe closer to the inside of the bike to get the "stock" exhaust look, it fits like a glove and i love the look! will take a closer pic
Nope, almost every mod i did is not legal in my country. But the police wont do anything haha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
in my opinion, a blacked out windshield would look good, but its your choice!
the thing is, the police in my area, is reaallyy strict with bikes, and if you have any illegal mod, they will fuck you up. and i don‘t want to loose my bike or my license in the first few months yk, i want to have a good time on my r125…
mirrors and small stuff isn‘t that bad, but things like exhaust, hell nah you‘re fucked.
but for how much are you selling these mirrors, do you also ship?
as far as i understand, you would rather have the gold forks then the black ones? cuz idk i love yours and i feel like my gold forks really stand out from the rest of the bike, iykwim…

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
in my opinion, a blacked out windshield would look good, but its your choice!
the thing is, the police in my area, is reaallyy strict with bikes, and if you have any illegal mod, they will fuck you up. and i don‘t want to loose my bike or my license in the first few months yk, i want to have a good time on my r125…
mirrors and small stuff isn‘t that bad, but things like exhaust, hell nah you‘re fucked.
but for how much are you selling these mirrors, do you also ship?
as far as i understand, you would rather have the gold forks then the black ones? cuz idk i love yours and i feel like my gold forks really stand out from the rest of the bike, iykwim…
Yeah, i thought about a blacked out windshield but i choose the smoked one because i think it looks a bit cleaner you know haha, yeah they wont do that here as long as your bike is not absourdly loud, thats why i got a DB killer on. For the mirrors, you can check out my post here: https://www.r125forum.com/threads/selling-yamaha-r125-tuning-parts-nose-cones-panels-and-much-more-2008-2013.20801/#post-349292
Yeah, i prefer the forks that you got on haha. I dont know it would be a nice touch if i had a option to add it to my bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i think im going to get a full black one, because i want my bike to have a full black look…
okay thanks, imma check em out!
thank you, and ig i will appreciate my gold ones now :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think im going to get a full black one, because i want my bike to have a full black look…
okay thanks, imma check em out!
thank you, and ig i will appreciate my gold ones now :)
nice nice, i like the full blacked out look. but i set up mine like this idk i loved the combo haha
perfect, send me a message here or on ig if u interested in anything
yup... i would kill for a pair of those forks u got hahaha. they awesome

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alright! i am soo hyped to tune my r125 hehe
i will hit u up if i need anything for sure
Yeah i know that feeling haha. When i ordered the parts for my baby i was in the garage from 8am to 6pm… 10 hours and i was enjoying every bit of putting it together haha
For sure! LMK!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts