Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am new to this. I have an urgent question, I bought my son a new bike for his 17th, within 3 hours of collecting it from the show room, my sons dad came to visit and to see the bike then drop the bike on a parked car,while trying to bump it up the kerb because he just couldn't leave it alone...
see my picture for damage. As you can imagine i need to get it fixed. whats the part called thats cracked again see pic by back seat, does anyone know rough cost of fixing? I can't get over whats happened ...whata night mare The bike is a 2012 YZF 125R

Thanks guys x

·
Registered
380 Posts
Now then the part feom wot i can see looks fairly crackered and would be better replacing it i think aprox price for new part is roughly £100 from dealer but might be cheaper getting second hand however being a 2012 bike might not be many 2012 parts out there yet just a question did the bike go over hard or was it bashed or woteva

·
Registered
380 Posts
Having just looked on ebay there are only a couple.of decent tail cone pannels but they are in black and if u did that u might aswell swap both and for them ur looking at £75 but then u have an odd coloured tail

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply, The bike did not go over, it just smashed against the park car... Thanks so much for helping me. I will look on ebay now.
Jen

·
Registered
380 Posts
No worries the two i mentioned are on sepeeate listings and are on by 2ndhandspareslondon the only reason i recomend new or used panels is that if u patch it with fiberglass or woteva it might not stop the crack due to the location on the pod

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Part #6 HERE. About £110, but you would probably need to get it painted. (No idea how much that would cost)

It doesn't matter that it's a 2012 bike, as all of the model years are exactly the same (apart from the 2008 model has a different rear caliper)

Was the bike BRAND NEW? Gutting to see that happen to it! I hope you make him pay for it!!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
ALL R125 fairings will fit any R125.

The colour codes are as follows:

What do you mean RS Bike Paint isn't clear?
It has all the colour names...

The 2008 white is Sports White. The Red is called Vivid Red
the 2008 black is called midnight black (glossy)
The 2008 yellow is the ONLY yellow they made (also uses the same white as the white bike)
The 2008 blue is called Burning blue candy.

The 2009 red is called Sunset Red (as far as I can tell, it's the same as the 2008 Red on the white bike, but unconfirmed).
The 2009 Black is the same as 2008
The 2009 Blue is the same as 2008

The 2010 Red is the same as 2009
The 2010 white is called Competition white.
The 2010 black is called power black (matte).
The 2010 blue is called deep purplish blue.

The 2011 black is the same as 2010.
The 2011 blue is the same as 2010.
The 2011 white is the same as 2010.

The 2012 bikes are all different as far as I am aware, and I do not know these colour codes.
I would hazard a GUESS that the 2012 white, uses the same competition white as the 2010 and 2011 bikes, although I do not know for certain.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
The sunset red code is VYR1, or RS code 'Yellowish Red' but literaly NO WHERE sells it!

I have been looking for ages to get a touch up kit/ spray can, but can't find one anywhere!

You might find that with alot of the R125/ Yamaha colours, so your best bet is to go to a paint shop, to get the paint matched, then copied, so you are almost garunteed that the colour will be right.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts