Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im in need of some help my clocks have died. i have had a garage look at them and they cant find anything wrong with the loom for the clocks so we both come to the conclusion that the clocks have died. when i turn the ignition on the 2 right hand lights sort of come on but very dim (the orange engine managment and the red caution light) then go out when bike is ready to start but i have no speedo or rev counter and it doesnt light up red in the dark and the rev counter doesnt rotate round to 12k revs then back when ready all other electrics are fine the headlights works and so do the indicators
i have decided to change the clocks (ebay £56) can anyone write up a guide or a how to for changing the clocks please
cheers
appreciate all your help guys

·
Registered
76 Posts
simple process easy to do shouldnt take more than 30 mins just go to the front of the bike and look up above the front wheel and there will be 2/3 screws (cant remember) undo them (removing the wires helps) then pull the clocks out and then reverse the process with the new clock :) hope this helps

Reactions: jimmy c

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
simple process easy to do shouldnt take more than 30 mins just go to the front of the bike and look up above the front wheel and there will be 2/3 screws (cant remember) undo them (removing the wires helps) then pull the clocks out and then reverse the process with the new clock :) hope this helps
Thanks Chris your a legend didnt know if i would have to remove the nose cone

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
jimmy c said:
Thanks Chris your a legend didnt know if i would have to remove the nose cone
Don't really need too but it make it easier for you if you take it off

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
jimmy c said:
illtry without taking off nose cone first if get no joy then guess ill be removing it lol thanks Omar
No problem

·
Registered
76 Posts
also quick tip it helps to get the side screws if you turn the handlebars so that the wheel is facing all the way to one side then move it to the other side when doing the other screw :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys im in need of some help my clocks have died. i have had a garage look at them and they cant find anything wrong with the loom for the clocks so we both come to the conclusion that the clocks have died. when i turn the ignition on the 2 right hand lights sort of come on but very dim (the orange engine managment and the red caution light) then go out when bike is ready to start but i have no speedo or rev counter and it doesnt light up red in the dark and the rev counter doesnt rotate round to 12k revs then back when ready all other electrics are fine the headlights works and so do the indicators
i have decided to change the clocks (ebay £56) can anyone write up a guide or a how to for changing the clocks please
cheers
appreciate all your help guys
Hi I have the same problem jus wondering if changing the clocks fixed the problem

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
512 Posts
unfortunately i think most of the people with pre ~2015 or so posts are no longer active members so you might not get any answers to those old posts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts