Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey lads,

As some of you know I passed my DAS over March/April and I have now upgraded to a bigger bike. Covered about 330miles so far and loving every minute. The face ripping acceleration and more rubber in the corners is amazing. Here's some pics I've taken of her so far...

106bhp, 675cc, 190kg wet weight, 0-60 3.5secs.

The bike came with the upgraded Triumph/Arrow cans, and various other Triumph extras. Immediate plans are to powder coat the headlamp shells and rings satin black and get a tail tidy with smaller plate mounted up between the cans. Oh and remove the pillion pegs.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
No front shots? :p

But yeah, nice ride!
Should hold it's value well too!

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Looks sweet man loving the arrow cans

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
712 Posts
Very nice, interesting choice as well, very popular bike, everyone I know who has one loves them.

d-r125 The Speed is the 1050cc and the Street is the 675cc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The amount of nudity on this site is on the increase. Nice ride, was considering a Street Triple myself.

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
BustaGuttt said:
The amount of nudity on this site is on the increase. Nice ride, was considering a Street Triple myself.
I'm too young to be here

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol, yeah loving the naked's these days!

The Street Triple R is renowned as the best naked middle weight out there. In every review and test it's blown the competition out of the water, and is basically a do everything bike that can be whatever you want it to be. It may not be as pretty as the Suzuki GSR750 I was going to buy, but the reviews and constant praise for the STR tipped it for me:cool:

...and jeez it is fast, literally does pull your face off when you pin it!:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Yeah, one of the senior instructors around here bought one, loved it to bits.
He sold it because it was too slow for him (30 years on a bike mind), but funnily enough he replaced it with the Speed Triple 1050! So I have no doubt you're gonna love this beast.

·
Registered
686 Posts
can always count on you for some good shots, Kolnai. good luck with her, have fun and stay safe, Sir!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ive said it before ill say it again, lovely looking bike. Im deffo going for a triumph when its time to replace mine (should be a long time yet) as you can't beat a bit of british!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Ive said it before ill say it again, lovely looking bike. Im deffo going for a triumph when its time to replace mine (should be a long time yet) as you can't beat a bit of british!
Daytona 675R is on my test ride list, and if only they would tune the speed triple engine and make a litre class sportsbike like a Daytona 1050R that would be a weapon.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Love the bike just personally I wouldn't have it in silver, nice tho!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Daytona 675R is on my test ride list, and if only they would tune the speed triple engine and make a litre class sportsbike like a Daytona 1050R that would be a weapon.
daytona 1050r...i like the sound of that!!
that would be a beast!

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
MrAndy979 said:
daytona 1050r...i like the sound of that!!
that would be a beast!
Got it man

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have done a few mods to the front end. Removed stock mirrors, bought R&G barend sliders and fitted some satin black barend mirrors. Removed front tinted visor from headlight cowl, although that actually entailed buying a new cowl as the visor was screwed into the old one leaving 3 nasty screw holes! Fitted colour coded Matt Graphite radiator side cowls. Also, had the headlight bowls and rings powder coated satin black, as the chrome just looked wrong imo.

So the front end is pretty much complete as I had envisioned it. Although I may pick up some higher spec levers at some point.

Before and after snaps on the phone -

Some better shots in the carpark -

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
That front end it looking mint!
The mirros aren't my thing, but bar end never has been, looving that new cowl and rad ends though :D

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I actually really like those mirrors. Nice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts