Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey thought i will share my dads custom RD500 project.

Som specs before pics..
-Ølins front fork and back shock.
-PCM wheels
-R6 Frame and back frame -07
-Moto gp fairings
-xenon headlight
-Ofc RD 500 engine with swarbricks exhausts. (One exhaust for each sylinder cause of the 2-stroke. 4 sylinders. )
-Brembo brakes. Double front brake.
-And much more!

From this:

To this:

To finish!

Hope you like it! :) Please comment if you like it also! If you want to check all the pics and stuff please visit THIS link. Its a tread posted by my dad on the RD500 forum :)

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I LOVE that fairing kit!
And the wheels are very sexy indeed :D

Reactions: Tom

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Any performance stats yet???

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any performance stats yet???
Its over 100hp atleast in it now. 88hp original. He got new carburators and theyre not right tuned. He shall buy new needles to them and find one that fits. So it runs much smoother.
Drivin performance he says its great! He have also a R6 and he took a ride with the RD and right after he took a ride with the r6. He says the special parts on the RD really does something! Then the RD is much lighter than the R6 aswell...

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
It looks so strange seeing such a modern looking sports bike being kick started :p
I would be very interested to see the performance stats on that...

I would HOPE it's MUCH quicker than the R6, considering it is a two stroke of almost the same capacity :p
And less weight :D

Reactions: Killachipmunk

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Love it!
I'd be surprised if you only get 100hp out of that thing :p
What a fantastic man to have this idea though, I got big respect!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Yeah, slightly suprised with those stats!
There goes my principle of stroker = double power.

If a 600cc 4 stroke can put out 110bhp.
If a 400cc 4 stroke can put out 65bhp
Then a 500cc 4 stroke should put out about 85bhp.
Then double it up for a 2 stroke, should be roughly 150 - 170 bhp by my working, but I'm not engineering expert, so those are VERY rough guesses, and I understand that it IS much more complicated than that!

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Yeah, the main problem Cam is the Displacement vs. 2-stroke that saw them disappear in MotoGP. I'm not really sure why, but there comes a point where just having a bigger engine produces more power than having double the strokes.
Maybe 500cc is the cut off, actually... Hmm.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
The cans themselves look great, just a shame that 2strokes require that huge great big expansion chamber!

Reactions: Killachipmunk

·
Registered
361 Posts
The cans themselves look great, just a shame that 2strokes require that huge great big expansion chamber!
If there was one set, under the seat, or one set either side of the frame i think it would look ok but not a set on the side, AND under the seat, looks a bit weird.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey thought i will share my dads custom RD500 project.

Som specs before pics..
-Ølins front fork and back shock.
-PCM wheels
-R6 Frame and back frame -07
-Moto gp fairings
-xenon headlight
-Ofc RD 500 engine with swarbricks exhausts. (One exhaust for each sylinder cause of the 2-stroke. 4 sylinders. )
-Brembo brakes. Double front brake.
-And much more!

From this:

To this:

To finish!

Hope you like it! :) Please comment if you like it also! If you want to check all the pics and stuff please visit THIS link. Its a tread posted by my dad on the RD500 forum :)
Hello,
say regards to your Dad, it`s really great job! I`m doing a hybrid bike myself using RD 500 engine but TZR 3ma frame and 3xv swingarm.
It looks fantastic this bike, didn`t know the engine would fit that perfect into the R6 frame.
I will send pictures when I`m ready with my bike.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts