Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a ride on my motorcycle and at one point after an hour of running the engine stopped and did not start. It's not the first time this has happened to me, but then it started pushing. I checked the battery, the air box, the valves, the fuel pump (it sounds), the injector (blows gasoline), I changed the spark plug, and it still didn't start, the spark plug is not wet with gasoline.
can someone help me ?

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
632 Posts
so currently, when you hit the start button, does it still turn over on the starter (but not actually start)?

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
632 Posts
> the injector (blows gasoline)
so to test this you took the injector out of the hole, tried to start and it sprayed petrol?

> battery
out of curiosity what were the voltages when switched off and running?

> the spark plug is not wet with gasoline.
this seems contradictory - if injector is actually blowing out petrol, then the plug must get wet, otherwise maybe it's not always blowing out petrol? e.g. maybe electrical connector/wagglecontact

you can check for spark too - unscrew the spark plug and with it plugged in touch the main threaded part of the plug (which normally screws into the head) against some bare metal of the engine casing to give it a ground/- connection. When you hit start you should see a spark as it turns over. yellowish is weak, more blueish is strong. Probably test with gloves on so you don't get a shock if you touch the wrong bit. Also please take a photo of the electrode end of the sparkplug as the colour may give clues as to what's happening.

it can be worth checking around the airbox etc too (easiest done from above with the tank lifted to one side). There are various hoses which go to and from the airbox and the ends of them dry out and crack and leak over time., or get pulled off somehow and not put back on. Whatever. This could be a compound problem.

> the valves
as in you have checked the valve clearances yourself with a feeler gauge and they were within the tolerances in the service manual?

btw idk if you have discord but we have a server. There'a link to the invite in my sig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts