Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All prices are approximate, if you can tell me where to get it cheaper, let me know!

Scorpion SS exhaust (£220)
Paint Job (£300ish)
Puig Screen (£67)
S-Moto Tail Tidy (£50)
Sport Demons (£170 - 200 fitted)
Remove pillion pegs, fit blanking plates (£8.25)
Seat Cowl (£50)
R6 Switch Mod (£25)
Galfer brake kit (£201)
Mirrors with indicators (£44)
Factory Racing Grips (£6)
Factory Racing Levers (£100)

And the following are thing's I'll have to get around to in a year or two due to the money involved

182 Malossi kit
Replace all the bolts (Panels, engine etc) Been quoted by Benji as it being at least £1000
Have all the panels and the chassis re-made in naked carbon fibre (£££££££££)
Carbon fibre wheels, I've seen these at around £1400

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
wooohaaaa going to be expensive for only a 125... Yes I know Its a great bike and ive spent money on it but dayumm not that much :D Just weight up your options.. I'll prob keep this bike but as a 125 now and get a bigger cc bike like a 400 when I pass but would use R125 to go to work etc.

if I see anything il let you know ps: seat cowls cost between £85-£95

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I will do or have done most of this list... will be leaving my panels alone though as like it the way it is. I will be doing 182 as soon as i pass my test as when i get a bigger bike i do not want my r125 feeling like a snail when i ride it more than the big bike.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wooohaaaa going to be expensive for only a 125... Yes I know Its a great bike and ive spent money on it but dayumm not that much :D Just weight up your options.. I'll prob keep this bike but as a 125 now and get a bigger cc bike like a 400 when I pass but would use R125 to go to work etc.

if I see anything il let you know ps: seat cowls cost between £85-£95
I'm gonna get one of these in black which is slightly over £50
http://www.motopike.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=197&product_id=532

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well even when I do get a new bike my r125 will be there as a project/commute to work bike

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
i will be keeping my r125 hand it down to wife and i can ride to work if i need
r6 comes out at weekends
that list is long Gweglez

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
D:

DAYUMN. You trying to compete with Omar?

Reactions: Killachipmunk

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would seem so :p it'll all happen eventually

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
d-r125 said:
il get a list up for me soon along with how much i spent so far! SHOULD BE FUN... NOT!
I might do same... Looking at pics of when I bought my bike home from dealer it is quite different now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
81 Posts
Owww big list!If i was in your shoes i''ll upgrade to 150cc and not malossi kit.Change the sprockets,get a power commander,dynod and ready to roll!The official mechanic of malossi here in Greece he said me that if i use the malossi kit my engine is not going to last long.Think that the R125 cup bikes use it once a week on track days.Do you want it for daily use?Too many problems.I was thinking about the same things with you but i listen many many opinions which conviced me not to make this HUGE change!My advice for you

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
bloody hell mate!! thats a biggun;)

i think im done with mods...apart from levers if beji can get short ones:)

im just savin for a 675:)

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah it'll take a while but will be good when it's done :)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Yeah it'll take a while but will be good when it's done :)
Yeah man i think for me any money i spend on r125 is worth it... This bike is going to give me joy and convenience for many years to come! :D Including the £3999 for my bike i have spent a lot more changing bits and i will spend a lot more to finish it to the way that i want it. When finished i wuld imagine that i prob would have spent £5500 or more.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Yeah man i think for me any money i spend on r125 is worth it... This bike is going to give me joy and convenience for many years to come! :D Including the £3999 for my bike i have spent a lot more changing bits and i will spend a lot more to finish it to the way that i want it. When finished i wuld imagine that i prob would have spent £5500 or more.
5500:eek:....woow that would buy my daytona....

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
5500:eek:....woow that would buy my daytona....
I know it sounds silly when you say it like that but i love having a bike i can use to it's max rather than getting rid of and replacing for something as beautiful as the Daytona and then be sad each day that i cannot ride it to it's potential.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I know it sounds silly when you say it like that but i love having a bike i can use to it's max rather than getting rid of and replacing for something as beautiful as the Daytona and then be sad each day that i cannot ride it to it's potential.
lol yea i supoose...and when u do it bit by bit u dont really notice it!

1 - 20 of 146 Posts