Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the specific code for the mirror bolts? My left mirror comes loose from the wind and i cant tighten it more either because the bolt is rounded.. its a hex bolt on each mirror.. i just need to know what to look for in ebay to order new bolts for both mirrors

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's a problem with r125 mirrors, you will have to buy new mirrors. The wemoto ones look like stock but never have this problem!
Not true! Just get some better bolts... the original ones where you need an allen key are shite, but if you replace them with bolts that you use a spanner with they do up just fine and I havent experienced that folding in anymore.

Don't know the bolt size...

·
Premium Member
5,245 Posts
Yeah, it is a common problem.

Are you able to undo the bolt?

If you are, just get some M8 shakeproof washers and put them on. That worked for me!

If not, as Tom Bark said, you will have to just buy new mirrors.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, it is a common problem.

Are you able to undo the bolt?

If you are, just get some M8 shakeproof washers and put them on. That worked for me!

If not, as Tom Bark said, you will have to just buy new mirrors.
Im sure i can undo them with a straight screwdriver because the bolt head is rounded (cant undo it with an allen key)
If i walk into a hardware store with the bolt will they be able to find the same one?

·
Premium Member
5,245 Posts
Im sure i can undo them with a straight screwdriver because the bolt head is rounded (cant undo it with an allen key)
If i walk into a hardware store with the bolt will they be able to find the same one?
I don't see why not. I would assume it is a standard size bolt. Most bolts are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts