Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just in case anyone's interested here's a few pictures of my 09 Blue & White Yamaha YZF R6.

I can keep you updated on any future mods if you're interested.

I had the dealership I bought it from fit a Full Titanium Arrow System which is incredibly noisy. The chap at the dealership said it'll get an advisory on it's MOT.

Also had fitted Gilles rear sets and ASV levers. The sets were a must really, I couldn't get on it comfortably with shock ones.

The thing I'm loving most though is the quickshifter, it cost a bit but it was worth it!

On board going over the Mountain in IoM TT week. (skip to 2:20)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Get some more pics of the bike too! I want to see the whole thing! ;)

Reactions: Miles

·
Registered
732 Posts
Sweet looking R6 :D Loving those rear sets, Gilles ?

Also it´s that a dynojet quickshifter? How is it performing during shifting, in low and high revs?

G

·
How you finding it compared to ducati ? Ive been put off going for quickshifter as its hard on gearbox and will have to replace things eventually

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How you finding it compared to ducati ? Ive been put off going for quickshifter as its hard on gearbox and will have to replace things eventually
The Ducati was great and without a question of a doubt, id have kept it if could afford both. Im not missing it though!

I rode to work on it today for the first time, (12 mile commute) and i didn't use the quickshifter once. Like you say its harder work for the engine and gearbox so I'm just gonna use it for weekend blasts. f*ck it sounds good though!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet looking R6 :D Loving those rear sets, Gilles ?

Also it´s that a dynojet quickshifter? How is it performing during shifting, in low and high revs?
Yeah they're Gilles and Dynojet :)

You can use it at lower revs, minimum is 5k rpm, though you get a seamless change at around 8k rpm and it sounds best at 12k+ rpm!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yeah they're Gilles and Dynojet :)

You can use it at lower revs, minimum is 5k rpm, though you get a seamless change at around 8k rpm and it sounds best at 12k+ rpm!
Ok, I´ve been looking at buying a HM shifter or translogic just need the spare cash :p Also gonna get the gilles, but looking for the VCR ones :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Man I've just seen this now :) Awesome mods already - the rear sets are very nice and the ASV levers are same colour/adjuster colour i have on the Pazzo's I ordered a few days back (black and red are best) - The Arrow exhaust is tight too dude lovin that - the carbon makes the can look better than the traditional Arrow pipes IMO - very nice dude, the Ducati has been replaced in your heart with a new lady...a dangerous Mr & Mrs Smith kinda lady...

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
How does it work? and how does it channge sound?
doesn't actually change the sound... just changes gear quicker so it sounds like a motogp gear change :p

I think they just cut the power slightly as you go to change up

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
R125 Rob said:
doesn't actually change the sound... just changes gear quicker so it sounds like a motogp gear change :p

I think they just cut the power slightly as you go to change up
I think the way the quick shifter works is it cuts the throttle for you whilst you press up so you don't have to, making a smoother and quicker gear change.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How does it work? and how does it channge sound?
I believe it cuts all power to the engine, dumps some extra fuel through to keep it running and so as that happens it allows it to change up gear without you using the clutch.

You get a quick "buuhhh" between revs but it's mainly just the speed of the change that improves the sound.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Aw man them rearsets are sexy! And woooohoooo another Arrow, looks dogs boll*cks man!! Love the carbon hanger for it, I was tempted to buy that for me R125 Arrow but they wanted £60 for it alone.

1 - 20 of 390 Posts