Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clocks have gone forward giving us longer evenings and the sun has finally started to show its face, so it's the perfect time to get your bike out from the garage and go out for a ride.
And why not track your ride using the MCN Ride Logger?
The MCN Ride Logger uses the same GPS technology seen in many professional datalogger systems to record your location, speed, acceleration and braking continuously through any ride.
  • Click here to buy the MCN iPhone app (requires iTunes)
It lets you play back your ride simply and easily, zoom in on the map to see your given speed at any point and see a graph which tracks how you’re riding. It costs just £4.99 and is available from the Apple Store.
How it works
  • See top stats for the ride – top speed and peak acceleration/braking figures (including the exact location where these figures were achieved) plus average speed, journey time and distance covered
  • View each journey on an enhanced Google map showing speed and acceleration/braking at any point you select
  • Zoom in and see how your speed/acceleration varies on your route yard by yard or second by second
  • View your data in an expandable graph view – just like on a pro data logging system
  • Add a range of background info to each ride, including your own personal ride rating plus details of your bike, tyres and weather conditions
  • Build up a fascinating library of every journey you make on your bike
  • Share with your friends the basic stats of each ride on Facebook or via ema

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think jailbreak iphone time

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Yaay for having android. This should be available free somewhere for us Google guys ;)
But to be fair...

A fiver isn't exactly much to ask for what sounds like a cracking bit of software from an the boys at MCN :D

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fisher said:
Yaay for having android. This should be available free somewhere for us Google guys ;)
But to be fair...

A fiver isn't exactly much to ask for what sounds like a cracking bit of software from an the boys at MCN :D
I will be cracking that app

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have had this app for over a year now. I find it incredibly useful and very accurate indeed. I call it my "snitch", because it records enough data to get you easily convicted and heavily fined for breaking the speed limit, IF your iPhone fell into the hands of plod. That's just a thought of course.
Really, I am personally very impressed with how it transforms my iPhone into a GPS based Blackbox device that records every detail of your trip. And overlays it on Google Maps for good measure. It shows exactly where you've been, how fast you were going at any moment of your journey, and does it in style.
The only thing missing is a lean angle recorder.
It's absolutely worth £4.99 in my opinion, for what it does.
That technology only used to be available to MotoGP. Now it's yours for a fiver!!
On the flip side, for the truly pious amongst us, it could help you prove in an accident that wasn't your fault, that you were not at fault and were sticking to the speed limit!! :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
yeah, Firefly, that was my first thought. 'get your bike out of the garage' looks like this is aimed at summer riders as much as us year-long folk. fair weather riders often have very fast bikes that see 1400 miles a year tops. this is just going to be evidence of your speeding in numerous speed limits, riding ridiculously fast (acceleration/braking) and all that jazz. you're asking for a conviction if you're pulled by a copper who sees you tootling through town at 24mph.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
They can NOT use this as evidence for a conviction.

The speed equipment they use to convict you has to be callibrated by them EVERY day.
They haven't calibrated your phone, therefore it cannot be used to convict you.

Same reason they can't stick black boxes in your car to catch you for speeding, it needs to be calibrated daily.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
ALSO the same reason that a lot of police patrol cars cannot do you for speeding.
A regular patrol car probably has quite likely not had their equipment calibrated that day.

They must check it in the morning, at the start of the patrol, and AGAIN at night after the patrol.

That is the single easiest way to get out of a ticket.
But saying that, most people don't bother fighting tickets.
I didn't since I knew I was in the wrong so I am simply accepting the fine.

BUT, you COULD take it to court and fight it.
It's quite easy... in fact there are companies that guarantee to get you out of ANY speeding ticket, it costs something like £25 a month, but if you get banned from driving, then they pay for a chauffeur to drive you around :p

Why do you think all the celebrities get away with speeding all the time?
Good lawyers.

Reactions: Scott Murphy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts