Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
I hope the EU realise they're forcing more young riders to break the law by upping the age restrictions. 2 years on a 125 is enough to drive you insane.
Over a grand to get an extra 57cc and maybe 10mph though?
Not worth it in the slightest in my eyes. I'd rather save that money and get a decent A2 bike.

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
I dont see what the rush to get bigger bike is all about, Ive been on a 125 for nearly 3 years, still on L plates and i rather enjoy it.
Depends where you live, if you're more of a town or city rider, then the R125 is perfect, if you're like myself, and do more countryside riding, then you're going to want a bigger engine.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Depends where you live, if you're more of a town or city rider, then the R125 is perfect, if you're like myself, and do more countryside riding, then you're going to want a bigger engine.
what do i count as then? i do 22m trip to work down A roads duel carriageways and 50mph roads,

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Then I'm surprised, have you not once wanted a bigger bike?

Mmm with all things considered, not really.
dont get me wrong i would really enjoy one, but the costs over practicality thing..
Even the 125 is more then capable of keeping up with traffic, why pay so much more in fuel / tax / insurance blah blah, but thats just my opinion.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts