Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
150mph... in the car :eek:

On the bike, I think it was an indicated 83/84 IIRC, had a pretty decent tail wind behind me that day.
o_O Just seen what care you have in your sig... More than just a little bit jealous D:
What have you had done to the engine to add nearly a whole 100 HP?
Also... what do i have to do let me have a go? ;) hahaha.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Iv had 87 out of it. But then I am a small female. And I was going downhill haha :) x

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
What mods have you done? The stock R125 won't physically go any faster than 84mph!
Actually, if you're going down a long hill, you will be able to pass 84 ;) If you drop it out of a plane, will it never pass 84? ;)

JK mate :p

But, I think the 84 needs to be taken with a bit of salt, people have had less, some have had more... I know I have :p

Mine is 86mph / 138km/h... Wasn't redlining, but the needle wouldn't move any further than 9.5k, so I guess that was max.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Actually, if you're going down a long hill, you will be able to pass 84 ;) If you drop it out of a plane, will it never pass 84? ;)

JK mate :p

But, I think the 84 needs to be taken with a bit of salt, people have had less, some have had more... I know I have :p

Mine is 86mph / 138km/h... Wasn't redlining, but the needle wouldn't move any further than 9.5k, so I guess that was max.
LOL I know mate!

It's just weird that a few months ago, no one claimed to have had anything above 84 mph, but now loads of people are...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm being totally genuine, 87mph, but I weigh next to nothing, tucked right in on a very long stretch of down hill. If I could have got photographic evidence I'd honestly show you. Even I was shocked. I was keeping up with the other half on his ninja.
Next investment..... A gopro.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I've done 83MPH. But I weigh just under 100KG, i'm 6 foot 4, and always wear a rucksack.

Sometimes the bike will struggle to get to above 75 if it is cold (dense air? idk). But I need a long stretch of road to reach even 60 :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I've had eighty out of mine on a long straight road with the wind behind me and a very gentle slope. The rapidly approaching roundabout put paid to any further thoughts of increasing speed.

For a little 125, I was extremely pleased :)
Yeah they top out good for a small bike, some of the slightly bigger bikes like the Kawi KLX250 and KTM200 supposedly aren't as fast.

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Most I had was spot on 100, then let off. Wasn't tucked at all and have no engine mods, even have the stock exhaust still.
As for the R125, the year or so I had it, I hit 84 about 3 times, it's not easy. I'm also about 6 2" and was tucked, so it's not impossible. I've talked about the variables for hitting the top speed a few times on here, so won't do it again, there's a LOT that needs to be counted for, most importantly, the road surface.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Most I had was spot on 100, then let off. Wasn't tucked at all and have no engine mods, even have the stock exhaust still.
As for the R125, the year or so I had it, I hit 84 about 3 times, it's not easy. I'm also about 6 2" and was tucked, so it's not impossible. I've talked about the variables for hitting the top speed a few times on here, so won't do it again, there's a LOT that needs to be counted for, most importantly, the road surface.

I've had an R125 FLY past me while I was doing 80.

It must have been doing at least 90, It had no L plates so i'm guessing it was a 182cc...

121 - 140 of 148 Posts