Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
i know this might sound stupid but could it be you have to much oil? ive heard that will affect the performance of the bike as much if not more so then not having enough oil, not sure if someone was just talking s**t to me tho?

·
Registered
643 Posts
LOL When I tuck in I think its quiet fun! I enjoy it rather than care what people think...

I feel like tucked in is the way to go in this bike. The road I do the more between two cities here (aprox. 27km) I do it almost all tucked if the road is clear and it is awesome fun because you aren't going that fast yet people look at you like a motogp rider.

·
Registered
643 Posts
i know this might sound stupid but could it be you have to much oil? ive heard that will affect the performance of the bike as much if not more so then not having enough oil, not sure if someone was just talking s**t to me tho?

It is true, excessive oil pressure.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've had 85 going down the A12 - it was abit windy and slightly downhill head down tucked in, and i'm not exactly small!

The bike felt like it was just going to explode though (Pushing about 11k on the clock)

Edit: Cough* I mean 70.. not 85, Who would do 85 when its clearly limited to 70... defo not me! ;)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I've had 85 going down the A12 - it was abit windy and slightly downhill head down tucked in, and i'm not exactly small!

The bike felt like it was just going to explode though (Pushing about 11k on the clock)

Edit: Cough* I mean 70.. not 85, Who would do 85 when its clearly limited to 70... defo not me! ;)
Most ive ever seen from mine is 82, but ive seen 77 from 5th gear downhill

·
Registered
130 Posts
had my yzf for a year and in all circumstances ive not seen past 82
Hmmmmm I dont know if thats normal or not aha, Ive only had this yzf for 2/3 weeks and I've got 85 and its got more than 16k miles on the clock!! Well to be fair it was recently serviced too so that might help, But i was carrying weight too, massive backpack (Including a massive Oxford chain)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah mine gets above 80 daily, on a certain point on the A-Road I go down, But I've seen it hit 84 and I think 85 (To scared to look down after 84 tbh :/ ) I'm pretty sure it was near on perfect conditions (Downhill, Wind behind me, was a car ahead for slipstream and the bike was hitting over 11k revs - Don't think I want to be doing that again!

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
i quite reg get up to 77 on the a1 have seen 84 on quite a few occ too i think as long as you get the gear changes right! you will get up there on a long flat surface, but as omar said 180 kit is the way forward :p looking foward to them days :)

101 - 120 of 148 Posts