Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right as many of you know iv had a few problems with my 180 kit from the start and its all finally been sorted out with a Power Commander 5 and SPR racing :D pics from my first visit back in 2011 and up to date now.

This should show you guys what to expected if not alittle more with just the 180 kit fitted with the force master or PC5 fitted :)

This first picture is of my bike with the Malossi Force Master 2 you get with the kit before and after SPR Racing tried their best to sort it out, as you can see the fueling is all over the place. the red line is what i tried at home and the purple one is what SPR Racing got on their dyno, much better output of power.

This is the same pic but with another 182 kit fitted with the cam shaft and the malossi force master, just to show me what i could be getting.

This is the new dyno print out with the Power Commander 5, perfect fueling and even added 0.7 HP :p now have no worries of it stalling setting off the line and theres no bogging with low revs now its no longer running rich. cost me £80 to get it set up sweet and tbh i wish i had done it sooner :Doh:

this one shows the power as going up the gears on full throttle and show the top speed before hitting the limiter, showed 92mph but ofcource that was with no wind resistance, since having it sorted iv got 86 out of her but then got caught in traffic, No.1 goal before selling her is to see 90mph but probably wont happen :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Sorry if repeat question but do you have the power cam shaft fitted? And also would the power output be the same if it wasn't pushing such a high gear as you have 3 tooth extra on the front which is a massive increase in the gearing? 1 tooth on the front is like - 3 or 4 on the rear sprocket so would be like running 14 with like 37 rear sprocket?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have the cam shaft no :) and in the second dyno im running a 16 tooth so the speed things will change but the power out put is the same even with the different size sprokets they told me. i put the 14 tooth back on the other day and it was horrible, off the line it was like change up every 2-3 seconds, till like 4th and when in 6th its doing 65 reving go high so i went to a 16 tooth, much better for crusing, 14 tooth is only useful for doing wheelies :p

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
wow, that is a big change since you had it I bet your happy!! But I think I've come to a conclusion that I wouldn't spend that sort of money to get approx 18bhp on my r125 - (thats going all out with cam etc)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
i dont have the cam shaft no :) and in the second dyno im running a 16 tooth so the speed things will change but the power out put is the same even with the different size sprokets they told me. i put the 14 tooth back on the other day and it was horrible, off the line it was like change up every 2-3 seconds, till like 4th and when in 6th its doing 65 reving go high so i went to a 16 tooth, much better for crusing, 14 tooth is only useful for doing wheelies :p
Cool i will think about it at the time and was planning to go 15 on the front... very glad though that your bike is now working as it should. Although now it got me thinking that your top speed of 92 with no wind at all on dyno is only 8mph above my top speed as my bike often hits 80+ and is still completely stock engine and gearing so not sure it gonna be worth it unless you can actually accelerate from 70 up to 80 at a decent pace?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow, that is a big change since you had it I bet your happy!! But I think I've come to a conclusion that I wouldn't spend that sort of money to get approx 18bhp on my r125 - (thats going all out with cam etc)
if i could go back i wouldnt of botherd either and save all that money, but ohh well iv got it on no and its running sweet so im happy :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool i will think about it at the time and was planning to go 15 on the front... very glad though that your bike is now working as it should. Although now it got me thinking that your top speed of 92 with no wind at all on dyno is only 8mph above my top speed as my bike often hits 80+ and is still completely stock engine and gearing so not sure it gonna be worth it unless you can actually accelerate from 70 up to 80 at a decent pace?
iv had the 15 tooth on the front, not bad at all, gives you more accel but i wanted lower revs for crusing so and im lighter so went with the 16, im doing about 73-74 mph at 8k rpm which is a comfortable engine speed for a long time personally, this kit wont give you much top speed, its all about the power increases not the top end, much nicer to over take and will keep pushing from 50 to 75 without much worry, i know when standard get to 50 fine then slows down all too fast. if you get the kit with the cam im sure with correct gearing youll be able to get 85+ all the time, but like i said its not about top speed :) just getting there :p plus anything more than 77mph is illegal ;)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ohh yer, im also now running premium 99 unleaded, does help im sure, i could feel the difference before getting it sorted on the PCV :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also can you accelerate from 70?
yes :p all the way up to about 78-79 then slows down like the standard bike does :L but depends on where your riding i suppose, im normally in some sort of wind or the road surface is all bumpy so 81 is the normall top speed for me round where i am, only got my top speed on my standard bike when going to birmingham :p

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
iv had the 15 tooth on the front, not bad at all, gives you more accel but i wanted lower revs for crusing so and im lighter so went with the 16, im doing about 73-74 mph at 8k rpm which is a comfortable engine speed for a long time personally, this kit wont give you much top speed, its all about the power increases not the top end, much nicer to over take and will keep pushing from 50 to 75 without much worry, i know when standard get to 50 fine then slows down all too fast. if you get the kit with the cam im sure with correct gearing youll be able to get 85+ all the time, but like i said its not about top speed :) just getting there :p plus anything more than 77mph is illegal ;)
Nice one i will see what i do at the time... since i did Benji's pipe bung my bike has gone crazy! pulling up to 70+ with no problem at all in fact i was surprised yesterday just how fast my clock was going to 70 and needing to change up in to 6th as just keeps going and was even pulling over 70 gong up slight hill that my bike usually drop and struggle to stay at 65.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
:) thats great, It is still better than a stock r125 at the end of the day so atleast you see improvements, however some will argue the cost matter and it may not be enough difference... But thats down to everyone's income and needs. I guess if people are looking to keep the bike and are not worried about spending this clearly shows if you get the cam as well you would have a good enough ride through majority of types of road e.g. town/ A roads/ B roads and enough for motorway! The only thing I guess will be upsetting is when your with a group of friends with bigger bikes of course!

Thanks again for this info Az, defo help ME make my mind up on the kit.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now you've got it running sweet be good to do a full tank fill up and see what the fuel economy is like?
okay when i next need to fill up :p but my feul economy is nver going to be great because there alot of slowing down and speeding up and thrashing it about on my route compared to a dual carriageway crusing along nicely :p

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
okay when i next need to fill up :p but my feul economy is nver going to be great because there alot of slowing down and speeding up and thrashing it about on my route compared to a dual carriageway crusing along nicely :p
ok fair enough yeah my fuel MPG goes to poop when i am commuting and barely get 250 from a tank but when on a long run always get near to 300. As long as i could get at least 200 miles to a 182 tank then i would still do the upgrade as i plan to keep my bike and i am not rich but money is no object when i want something i like to do it right (even if it leaves me broke for a couple of months lol)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts