Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been talking SPR about the kit here is some info provided –

Std (standard) bike with scorpion exhaust makes 12.5 bhp at the back wheel.
Yamaha quote bhp at the engine with kit and cam it will 17+bhp. The increase in torque is also very healthy. SPR have done about ten on their dyno and sold 20 kits currently.

At the engine you would see figures in the 20s,not at the back wheel. We deal in hard facts not conjecture on forums!You loose about 7bhp through the transmission and tyre.
This is based on the ones we have already done. Best we have seen is 17.5 bhp @ 8,500rpm and peak torque up to 11.48 (@ BACKWHEEL)

Malossi kits are durable and yes you could always get more power but your long term reliability may suffer!

I then questioned about realiablity e.g. would it dramatically fall and why would they sell it without stating that he then said No reliability is good, you should just fit the kit or the kit and cam. You can't fit just the cam. This is when reliability falls

Stock bike bhp on back wheel - Worst std 10.5bhp… best with Akrapovic full system 12.8BHp

PS takes about three hours to fit

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Ohhh who supplied you with this info!? Copy and pasted my message.. You breached my copyright law! :D Suing your asss :whatever3:

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
d-r125 said:
Ohhh who supplied you with this info!? Copy and pasted my message.. You breached my copyright law! :D Suing your asss :whatever3:
Jack

·
Registered
870 Posts
But that also makes a different's with compound of tire and psi( Softer slower) and chain conditions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts