Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
You have a couple of options.

Buy USD forks and triple tree from another bike, for example TZR125/250 and have them refurbed.
(the list is long, and you "Could" fit almost any, I took the TZR as an example due to them being the predecessor of the R125, and are about the same weight etc.)
Buy aftermarket USD forks and triple tree. A brand that does them is FASTACE and the model would have to be AKX10RC.
http://www.fastace.com/product_detail.php?cid=2&sid=6&pid=91&hc1=1

·
Registered
781 Posts
im tempted to do usd conversion been looking for ones set up same weight as our bikes so like blackizzz said tzr 125/250, rs125/250, derbi gp 125, but aprilia and derbi have there triple clamps branded so would have to be filled or covered and sprayed.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
This has been looked at before on the forum.

People wanted suggested Aprillia RS forks, but they are too large for the R125 (both from the RS125 and RS50).

It would be a lot of work and would probably ruin the handling! Although, it would be good if you could stop the chronic nose-diving under breaking.... that would be awesome!

·
Registered
781 Posts

People wanted suggested Aprillia RS forks, but they are too large for the R125 (both from the RS125 and RS50).

It would be a lot of work and would probably ruin the handling! Although, it would be good if you could stop the chronic nose-diving under breaking.... that would be awesome!

thats proberly where the progessive spring kit and fork oil come into play ;)

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Which is why the fastace AKX10RC is good :) It's small, and should thus fit the R125 fine, it's adjustable and cool looking ;)
I asked them for a price, but haven't got a reply yet...
But other variants of their forks sell for about 200-250 quid.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am pleased to announce I have successfully done this conversion. I've actually fitted the 2019 yzf r125 USD forks onto my 2011 reg had to change triple clamps to 2019 front wheel to 2019, caliper set up from mono to non front wheel fender to 2019 and old Speedo clocks to universal digital Boom! Never say never people cannot wait to test ride the baby next week 💯👌😜

1 - 11 of 11 Posts