Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is mainly a question to those who live in london.
As some of you may know, im going to uni in north greenwiich in september, and i was wondering if its alright to ride around that part of london, as my parents think it will be a bad idea to do it...
If anyone could help it would be welcomed :)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Tom Bark said:
This is mainly a question to those who live in london.
As some of you may know, im going to uni in north greenwiich in september, and i was wondering if its alright to ride around that part of london, as my parents think it will be a bad idea to do it...
If anyone could help it would be welcomed :)
Any part of London is the same to be honest. Each borough has its good and it's bad bits. I grew up in greenwich and now live in south London and don't see it any worse. Admitingly there are bits of London I avoid if possible but I see Greenwich as a nice area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
d-r125 said:
please could you add what they think is a bad idea? riding in london in general? or crime?
Riding in London in general... I don't think it will be that bad, just gota be extra vigilant...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Tom Bark said:
Riding in London in general... I don't think it will be that bad, just gota be extra vigilant...
I love riding in London. I just look at traffic as a little game/challenge. Most of my riding done inside the m25.

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scott Murphy said:
I love riding in London. I just look at traffic as a little game/challenge. Most of my riding done inside the m25.

I'm sure I will see what it's like when we go to ace next week, (if enough peeps are going :))
Ace is on the edge of London isn't it? :)

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
To be honest I've been brought up in east London, Hackney to be exact. I don't think its bad at all - where ever you go their will be idiots, riding in london, mmm I must admit it would be ideal to try anticipate the moves of drivers (some will look at you and stare but still pull out on you, FOOLS) its happened to me twice I believe. But I was one step ahead. Anyway that should be the same for riding in general and where ever you go.

Security wise... I think if you aim to lock your bike up onto a unmovable object you should be fine from the local theifs, however if someone really wanted to steal your bike, there will always be a way! Once again this is be carried out all the time but more of a priority in London.

I ride and would go anywhere in London, If your aware of what goes around you, you should be fine.

ps: Scott Murphy don't you like where I live? =]

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
I'm sure I will see what it's like when we go to ace next week, (if enough peeps are going :))
Ace is on the edge of London isn't it? :)
Your gona love the ride to Ace :D Il try come to this meet! what day next week and time?

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
d-r125 said:
Your gona love the ride to Ace :D Il try come to this meet! what day next week and time?
Friday 30

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
d-r125 said:
Day before my birthday :D I may have to come and join yous!
Doo it, andthanks for that d :)
I'm going to be living in hackney I think ... Don't want to be to far from the Uni, which is next to the 02 ;) anyways, when I'm in London we should go on loadsa rides :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts