Yamaha YZF R125 Forum and Owners Club: Friendly bike community for all. Jed's Drz Blog | Page 74 | R125 Forum
Change
  1. BOTM Winner
    Congratulations grayej! You are the winner of November's BOTM competition!

Please visit the BOTM section to see more entries, or to enter this month.

Click here to enter!

Jed's Drz Blog

Discussion in 'Members Bikes / Blogs' started by Jed, Jul 12, 2013.

1. mo_mo_Rotherham

mo_mo_Rotherham Super Member

License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    It is :D but still plans have to be drawn before planning permission is granted bloody rules lol

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
  2. Andy Ellis

Andy Ellis Super Member

Andy
    Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha YZF-R125 Rossi Replica
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Good luck with that Jed... I gave up after 13 years of Primary/Secondary education... I couldnt bare the thought of college AND uni and then looking for a Job...
    Jed likes this.
  3. Jed

Jed Moderator Staff Member

Current Bike (Optional):
    (Formerly) Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike (Restricted)
    We've not got to regulations yet, I'll be surprised if I make it through them without hanging myself if I'm honest.

Thanks Andy, I've wanted to be an architect since primary school. Like I've said, Army didn't work out (still gutted), Architect was my second option, and then finally Police Biker, working my way up to SEG.

There are perks to Uni in Lincoln though, already seen the 2 Lancs fly over, and today the Red Arrows have been treating us all to an aerial display all day. Not to mention the occasional spy plane coming in to land ;)
    Andy Ellis likes this.
  4. mo_mo_Rotherham

License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Hahaha yer good luck with that and Lincoln is brilliant place to be have seen red arrows many times doing training and aa u said the big spy plane amongst others. During summer Ive seen bi planes doing dog fights and all sorts.

5. Jed

Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    Nothing will beat the 2 Lancs, 4 Spits and 4 Hurricanes flying in fight formation though. That SOUND.
    16 Merlin engines all roaring over your head is a hair-on-end moment.
    mo_mo_Rotherham likes this.
  6. mo_mo_Rotherham

License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Thats the lincoln memorial squadron or something like that they did I fly past to mark the dambusters a while bk which I went to and agreed was awesome sound

7. mo_mo_Rotherham

License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Have u watched guy martin when he builds a spitfire?

8. Jed

Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    The Canadian one isn't here anymore I don't think, they flew it over and performed at air shows around the country during summer. First time 2 Lancs had flown together for 50 years or so I believe.

I saw the Lanc the day before the Dam Busters anniversary, flew right over my college no more than 200ft above the ground. Later that day I saw a Spit dogfighting with itself.

Nope, but I'm going to now..
  9. mo_mo_Rotherham

License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    4od he has a few progs up 6min shorts are good he actually owns a spitfire engine. :0

10. MattieHolroyd

MattieHolroyd Super Member

Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha R125 2010, Yamaha XS250(on going project)
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Guy Martins peak challenge... WOW!!!
    mo_mo_Rotherham likes this.
  11. mo_mo_Rotherham

License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Yer that bike sounded nuts lol

12. Jed

Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    Look at this rear sprocket, this guy probably tops out at 10mph but my God I'd hate to know what the acceleration is like..

IMG_1022.JPG
  13. Jed

Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    Well this is weird, decided to make an appearance here 5 years after I last signed out just to see if anyone else is still knocking about. If you are, drop me a reply!

Christ where to begin... a lot has happened.

My DRZ was sold in 2017 following my graduation from uni (first class honours and a RIBA nomination following the 3 most intense and stressful years of my life). I was actually pretty sad to see it go but decided it was time for a change. I decided to celebrate this and my new job as an Architectural Assistant in London by buying a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja (green of course). Absolutely loved it, was such a well balanced machine, I owned it 3 months before it finally happened. On the 25th August 2017 I was hit by a drunk driver. I got away with a few broken bones, a bit of memory loss and a few other bits, the bike however was a Cat B write off. I've not owned or ridden a bike since and the claim is still ongoing. The love for bikes hasn't died, I'm still desperate to get back on one and ride.

After getting back to work after 3 months off to recover, I finished my year placement in London and came back to university to do my masters. I'm now at the end of my 6th year of the qualification (I know) and am still not yet an architect, but we're getting there! Well... I was before the world's wheels fell off. Everything closed, graduation has been cancelled, assessments have been delayed and I'm trying to cobble together what I can from home (which is now in the amazing city of Newcastle).

I had some genuinely enjoyable times here and met so many of you outside of the forum over the years we were active. I hope you're all keeping well.

Jed
    NorthCust likes this.
  14. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Super Member

Current Bike (Optional):
    R125, R3, CBR929RR, R1
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    Hi Jed,

I makes a mockery of the british legal system when an accident can happen over 2 years prior and the case is still ongoing. Simply remove the drunk drivers licence forever, name & shame in all press, and let the innocent party get on with putting their lives back together. Unfortunately too many people think they have a right to have a driving licence from the minute they are born and its about time the punishments were such that if you become an arse then you loose your licence full stop.

So you want to be an architect. That means you will be designing weird and futuristic buildings. Charging a million pounds for a quick sketch and have your name on a stone near the main door. Could be worse I suppose. You could be training as a pilot!

Newcastle. Why 'ey Man. And 'Toon Army'. Say Hi to Ant & Dec if you see them out and about.

Not many old members still active. I think Omar drops in a couple of times a year but thats about it unless people look but don't sign in obviously.

Stay safe and prepare for the birth of the new world....
    Jed likes this.
  15. misiozol

misiozol Member

Pre my days here on forum but hello :)
    Jed and NorthCust like this.
  16. Jed

Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    Hi Paul, pleased to see you're still about!
    And tell me about it, the third party's insurer paid out without prejudice for my bike which covered the months I was off work and allowed me to move to London, but have since offered a 75%/25% settlement in my favour as I was filtering at the time he pulled out, so they're trying to claim I was partly responsible (despite 2 witnesses claiming his move was sudden). I've refused to accept this as I was riding well within my rights and more importantly... wasn't drunk.
    He drove off after initially hitting me (2pm on a Friday afternoon) and came back an hour later, presumably after his wife drove him back to the scene. He was breathalysed and arrested but was apparently still too drunk at 11pm that evening to be interviewed! Last I heard he was fined and banned for a period of time but as far as he's now concerned, it's all settled. I'm the one with persistent neck pain and a crippled right hand.

I was still active here in my first year of university, before the whole place went down the pan. Stayed active on BikersNetwork until that too died of death and I'm back here trying to get back in contact with Jay, but no luck as of yet. But yes that's the plan! Sadly a lot more work is needed before I can begin doing that though!

How is everything with you? James and I were chatting recently about the rides you both used to have.
    Captain Slow and NorthCust like this.
  17. Jed

Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    It's a shame, this forum used to have such an active and friendly user base but I guess all good things must come to an end!
    Welcome though!
  18. JamesK

JamesK Super Member

Current Bike (Optional):
    2016 GSXR-750 MotoGP
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    Jed is a freaking nerd
    Jed likes this.
  19. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    also only got a bike a couple of years ago (late starter) so you're before my time here, but nonetheless hello and welcome back :) There's not that many of us active on here but those who are seem pretty obsessed with our bikes :D
  20. Jed

Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    Those first few years are definitely the glory days. I still don't think I've relived the excitement the day I got my R125 or any bike since. Something just doesn't quite compare a shiny new toy arriving on your doorstep. I actually had the joy of riding my Ninja back down to London from Huddersfield after spending 4 hours travelling there on public transport in full bike gear and as tiring as it was, I'd do it again tomorrow in a heartbeat.
    NorthCust likes this.