Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Im changing exhaust in my r125 (21’) but it dont have any space to plug in lambda. I cant find any emulator that fits neither measurements/dimensions so i could weld in the thread to lambda. Only i could fine are emulators and measurements of 05-13 or 15-18. Someone could help?
Greetings

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
632 Posts
maybe add a picture of the lambda probe you have?

Does your exhaust have any hole at all for a lambda (even if it's the wrong size)?

Normal o2 sensor bungs have a thread whcih is M18 x 1.5, so I wonder if you could weld on a threaded bung for a normal o2 sensor (e.g. O2 Oxygen Sensor Boss M18 x 1.5 Stainless Steel Weld On Bung Plug Nut Cap Kit | eBay ) and then find/make an adapter to fit yours?

I had to add a sensor to my exhaust (gen1) for my autotune and found the metal of my exhaust very thin so it was quite difficult to weld, even with TIG.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe add a picture of the lambda probe you have?

Does your exhaust have any hole at all for a lambda (even if it's the wrong size)?

Normal o2 sensor bungs have a thread whcih is M18 x 1.5, so I wonder if you could weld on a threaded bung for a normal o2 sensor (e.g. O2 Oxygen Sensor Boss M18 x 1.5 Stainless Steel Weld On Bung Plug Nut Cap Kit | eBay ) and then find/make an adapter to fit yours?

I had to add a sensor to my exhaust (gen1) for my autotune and found the metal of my exhaust very thin so it was quite difficult to weld, even with TIG.
here are the pics. And i just CANT unscrew it
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
632 Posts
oh right, that looks like a normal sized o2 sensor from the pics. I guess it would be a 22mm spanner if so (I think). Or is it smaller?

They do get seized pretty badly. I rounded off a set of the hex faces on my wideband getting it off this last time, not great. You can break the end (cable etc) off the o2 sensor and get a socket on there if it's a narrowband since they're cheaper to replace but if it's a working wideband they're £~100 to buy so would really rather reuse if possible. I resorted to heating the pipe around it, lots of wd40 and a long bar over the end of my spanner but then it came loose thankfully.

If you're getting a new exhaust could you just get a new sensor too so you don't need to unscrew it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts