·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Definately not stock.
It looks like the 2009 white bike, with some panels from a red bike (centre strip), and then custom decals.
Although, it looks knda similar to the 2012 special edition colours...

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definately not stock.
It looks like the 2009 white bike, with some panels from a red bike (centre strip), and then custom decals.
Although, it looks knda similar to the 2012 special edition colours...
Thats what I thought! Did any of the red bikes actually come with a red tank strip as stock? I sprayed mine along with hugger- I really do like the front of this bike. and the red side bits...

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Thats what I thought! Did any of the red bikes actually come with a red tank strip as stock? I sprayed mine along with hugger- I really do like the front of this bike. and the red side bits...
Well, I know the 2008 red and white does!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
No, there were only three options for the 2009 models (I think!)

Red (Obvoisly the best coulour), Black (with black wheels, and white decals), and Blue (with silver wheels)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Red is by far the better looking their :angel3:

I guess it was from the white and red then
Yeah, I would say it was, but they have put Black tail plastics on too.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any 2007 bikes out there?

I thought our bike only came into the UK in 2008, but when filling out an insurance comparison recently, I noticed that our bikes are now described as: Yamaha YZF R125, Sports, Petrol, Manual, 2007+

·
Registered
686 Posts
i've never seen a 57 plate bike, which makes me think that they came out after March here. as for colours, that is definitely not standard and there were definitely no white 2009 models.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone know if there are any 2007 bikes out there?

I thought our bike only came into the UK in 2008, but when filling out an insurance comparison recently, I noticed that our bikes are now described as: Yamaha YZF R125, Sports, Petrol, Manual, 2007+
58 plate i believe.. 58 is late 07 then 08 is 2008 then 59 then 09 etc etc

·
Registered
686 Posts
plates change in March and September. from March they were 08, from September until the following March they were 58. now it's 11, 61, 12, 62, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
plates change in March and September. from March they were 08, from September until the following March they were 58. now it's 11, 61, 12, 62, etc.
Yeah thats what I meant :)

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Some of the 2008 models MAY be on a 57 plate, as they use that plate until February ish the following year don't they?

Reactions: Killachipmunk

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
I think that's a pretty nice paintjob.
Very tastefully done!
I think I've pieced it together as mostly this bodywork from the 2011:

But also a few stickers from the 2010, and then the sides are custom.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I haven't actually seen any R125's on an 07 or 57 plate, ever. I don't even think they exist. Most sites list the R125 in the UK selling from 2008 to the present. I truly believe it officially went on sale in the UK in 2008.

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Firefly said:
I haven't actually seen any R125's on an 07 or 57 plate, ever. I don't even think they exist. Most sites list the R125 in the UK selling from 2008 to the present. I truly believe it officially went on sale in the UK in 2008.
The yellow and black was the 1st ones was on 07 Plate

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
MrAndy979 said:
iv never seen one befor but they are around.
It's the same yellow 08
When I was looking at them in 07 they only had the yellow one

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts