Yamaha YZF R125 Forum and Owners Club: Friendly bike community for all. Is My Fuel Pump Dying? | R125 Forum
Change
  1. BOTM Winner
    Congratulations grayej! You are the winner of November's BOTM competition!

Please visit the BOTM section to see more entries, or to enter this month.

Click here to enter!

Is My Fuel Pump Dying?

Discussion in 'General Biking Chat' started by seb15243, May 20, 2019.

1. seb15243

seb15243 Member

Current Bike (Optional):
    Yzf r125, RS50 Streetfighter and Honda VFR750.
    License Currently Held:
    Other
    Hi guys, im sorry if this post isn't supposed to be here, but right now I just sat down with a beer trying to figure what the hell is going on with my yamaha. Ive had issues from day focking 1 with this bike and today the damn bike broke down on me after sitting in the sun for a few hours (it was quite hot).

I rode it to work this morning, no problems, rode home, no problems. Since the weather were good I left it outside while eating dinner, but when I was ready to set off, it fired up like normal, but died pretty quick. Id say it ran for about 5 sec and then died. She did NOT want to start after that, and it didn't prime the fuel pump when I turned on the ignition like it should. I tried once using start-gas, just to check if that would make it fire. And it did for a sec so it has spark and compression.

I topped it up with fuel this morning so it has plenty of fuel. I left it in the garage for a few hours, and tried again. It started right away! But this time the fuel pump made its priming-sound. Is my fuel pump dying? Is this related to the hot weather? I took it for a ride an hour ago and stopped at a parking lot, restarting the engine a couple of times, just to check that the the fuel pump kept priming like its supposed to, and it did.

( I`ll never buy a injector bike again, its too much electronics and problems. Carb bikes are better) [​IMG]

Is my fuel pump dying? Was it caused by the hot weather? Id say 30+ Celsius in the sun, so id consider that as hot..
    NorthCust likes this.
  2. R125Forum.com Advertisement

3. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    Mine did something similar not long ago, replaced the fuel pump and it's been fine since.

It's not a particularly difficult job to do - main issues were related to the little circlip which holds the strainer thing on the bottom - trying to get it it stay put. The aftermarket circlip was a bit rubbish. Get OEM if possible imho.