R125Forum.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
10,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what i fine on google

It is legal, it is also legal for a policeman to use the film as evidence, including against you, so make sure the camera is not pointed at your speedo or if you cross a solid white line

·
Registered
85 Posts
Got it in one, hence mounting my cam on my lid... I'd fit it to the bike if it didn't vibrate so damn much!
So yeah, just watch what you film!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Few things, there is no property in a witness or evidence, so therefore it is not used against you, but more to establish a fact. So pointing a camera at a speedometer and then speeding is providing evidence that an offence is being committed. Crossing a white line is again an offence, and one that should not be done, it's such an easy 3 point offence, it's not worth doing. They are usually there for a very good reason, so please don't cross them.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Few things, there is no property in a witness or evidence, so therefore it is not used against you, but more to establish a fact. So pointing a camera at a speedometer and then speeding is providing evidence that an offence is being committed. Crossing a white line is again an offence, and one that should not be done, it's such an easy 3 point offence, it's not worth doing. They are usually there for a very good reason, so please don't cross them.
Generally only on the approach to the crest of a hill, or a bend.
WHY on earth you would want to be on the other side of the road then... I don't know :p

Well... I DO know why, just think it is mad ^^

Yeah, there is NO law at ALL stopping you from recording in a public place.
The police often try and tell people there is, mainly because they don't like being filmed, but you are perfectly within your right.

Just like not having to give your details, but that one is a very fine line indeed.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Yes recording in public is legal. How you think they created Road Wars/traffic cops etc . Your allowed to record, I got my new camera tooo :D will test it out tomo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts