Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing LED sidelights is very easy to do, and only takes literally a minute! Plus it improves the looks of the bike, can improve safety, and is VERY cheap. (Bulb size: 501 T10 55w) **THESE** are the ones I have got.

1. Get your LED side lights. I have gone for SMD ones, as I think they look better (and were cheaper) but I have been told they may not last as long, because of vibrations from our bikes.
Sleeve Gas Font Machine Composite material

2. Remove the 'holder' for the side lights from the lens. (Just pull and wiggle the grey rubber thing)
Fixture Vehicle door Door Electric blue Automotive exterior
Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design

3. Remove standard bulbs
Hand Liquid Cosmetics Nail polish Fluid
Cap Font Plastic Linens Fashion accessory

4. Install new LED's. Turn on the ignition to check they work before installing them again. If they do not work, simply take the LED out, and turn it around, as LED's only work one way. If it still doesn’t work, then it is faulty. Sod's Law states that you are more likely to get it in the wrong way first time! (which I did, on both:mad: )
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive lighting Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

5. Install the holders back into the lens, and ensure it is pushed all the way in. Turn the ignition on and enjoy!

Here are some before and after: (I will try and get some when it is dark/ darker)
Before:
Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Automotive tail & brake light Motorcycle helmet Motorcycle Automotive lighting Hood

After:

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
That holder can be a right pain to remove!!!

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
thesilencer1987 said:
Anyone seen any blue ones about? I wasn't quite sure what to search for on eBay.
Got them too, just search for side light blue, or motorcycle side light blue, you can pick some up for £1 :)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone seen any blue ones about? I wasn't quite sure what to search for on eBay.
I just searched for '501 t10 blue' and found THESE or THESE. I would not reccomend the second link too much, because they are quite long, so may be difficult to get in!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That holder can be a right pain to remove!!!
What do you mean, mine was easy enough! (unless you are talking about the wires being too short to get the whole thing out the final bit!)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Em well you recommended the first ones, and they are only £1.50 so if they turn out not to be the right ones or crap ones it's only £1.50! Cheers again ;)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Em well you recommended the first ones, and they are only £1.50 so if they turn out not to be the right ones or crap ones it's only £1.50! Cheers again ;)
OK, nice one! They come with 1 year garuntee too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Gweglez, i like the way your leds look, how have you done it ? sorry to crash in like this

1 - 20 of 79 Posts