Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled out on to a mainroad from a side road.
Quite a wide open bend...

Next thing I know, I am sliding down the road.
Must of been very slippery I guess...
Luckily didn't slide very far though, so there wasn't much damage other than my gear changer connector rod thing appears bent as I cannot change gears properly.

There are photos in my blog.

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
what are you guys doing man coming off take your time boys the roads are bad

·
Registered
686 Posts
not even thinking about taking my bike out now until next year. bad slide in the car just, two of you guys coming off, slipped in the road myself earlier on. i'll keep it in the garden under wraps, start it every day, make sure it doesn't get flat spots etc. and pay for the overhaul after my birthday in February, methinks.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Nah man just get back on the bike... i am riding my bike through the winter unless the snow comes then one of the bicycles comes out instead... lot's of diesel/petrol all over the roads near me so i just avoid it now. my first and only crash was my fault being a dick with a cold front tyre won't be doing that again! i find when wet as long as you relax and front brake only in straight lines i don't mind the wet it's the vision thing that annoys me!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Yeah i can't wait for summer weather was not to bad when i bought the bike couple of months ago but had Crap Michelins! These Pirellis feel like they are desperate for summer as in the cold even a tyre as good as this is still cold and hard and not getting much heat in cold air and road.

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
i was on my bike last time it snow into london was fine just need to useed your head

·
Registered
686 Posts
i rode through last winter and it was okay. i only came off because i tried to do a roundabout in 1st gear at 17mph after an argument with my girlfriend in -4*c. just don't fancy the cold hands this time. if i drop my bike, i don't have cash to fix it. next year, sure thing. i'll eat winter for breakfast again. but for now, i can't pay if i eat the floor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.