Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was riding in the rain and took a really awkward corner and whilst in the turn bike slipped out from under me. Result: Middle fairing on right side of bike looks ugly. White part on right of pic is scratched up. Clear visible white scratch in center of pic and the R125 sign is scratched. I'm guessing: New stickers, spray paints and polish? But, I was wondering what you guys would advice before I mess it up even more :D.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
you could always remove decals and down panels n then re paint n get new decal or look for ebay bargaon or.get a.sticker to cover it

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
hmmm...dont think you will be gettin that5 out anytime soon!
its in the actul sticker so its stayin there!
you will be better off keepin an eye on ebay for a new one!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is that just surface scratches or a deeper indentation? A lot of plastic fabricators use a super glue type product called PLASTEX which is available on amazon to bond plastics together but also to fill in small holes. Then its just a case of primer then paint and top off with laquer.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
yeah, that will be a case of pulling the whole sticker off...

Sanding the ENTIRE panel down, and repainting the ENTIRE panel.
Depending on the depth of the scratches, you may need some body filler too.
Then you will need to replace the sticker.

Bad news is, the sticker itself costs £30 from Yammy.
You MAY be able to get one made for you custom from the other side, but no idea just how good it will be.

Personally, I would keep an eye on eBay.
You should be able to buy a reasonably good nick replacement panel for £30-40.

You can then sell your panel for £20 afterwards and re-coup your costs.
That would be the EASIEST method, and will cost roughly the same.
There is just no telling how long it will take...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Totally agree with fisher, i should have said in my last post it's a lot of work and stuff to buy to get that panel back in good nick. Me, if buy a replacement off fleabay and keep that one as a pet project to practice plastic repairs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts