Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this near a car park today...

I am assuming it is because the bike was untaxed, as nearby there was a 'do not remove this untaxed vehicle' sticker which has probably fallen off....

It's parked up on a kerb, off the main road, number plate up against a fence...

How did they find it???

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Traffic warden probably strolled across it one morning and reported it in I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Traffic warden probably strolled across it one morning and reported it in I guess.
How would the warden know that it is un-taxed?

Do they SEARCH bikes for tax disks?
If the tax disk isn't present, how does he know the rider hasn't taken it with him? Or it has fallen off?

He isn't exactly DRIVING untaxed... for all the warden knows, it could of arrived there in a van perhaps?

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Well, the law says you have to have a tax disc clearly displayed. If there ain't one, it'll get clamped.
The guy can always dispute it later I guess.
I saw a dude get clamped for parking his motorcycle in a cycle-rack. That took the biscuit...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Traffic wardens are good at finding what they need. In Kensington & Chelsea they have a target of a minimum of 10 tickets and a certain number of clamps per day. I'm lucky in that I know all the traffic wardens and they know my bike, they mostly ride bicycles around so when they break they have to come to me to get it fixed :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts