Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been getting invited to lots of places that require me to bring a lot of stuff.
And as has been mentioned before, it's very hard to find tail packs that fit on our lovely little bike.

So I guessed for just one time, I'd use a motorcycle backpack I got on sale, and just strap it down with whatever I had.
As luck as it, it fits really great, looks like it belongs and most importantly, it doesn't move about on the bike, success!
Here's a couple of pics to show how I did it:

DSC00849.JPG
The bag itself is a Hein Gericke Streetline rucksack I got on sale for £10, held on with an extra old belt I have.

DSC00847.JPG
The arm straps pass underneath the indicator mounts on my tail tidy. This is the main thing that would need to be corrected in future, I'm not certain there's really any strength in them.

DSC00848.JPG
The bag has a strap that goes across the chest to hold it on better, this and the belt pass underneath the tail and clip in behind the numberplate bracket beautifully.

It's really not an ideal fitment, but I'm going to have a go at improving it soon.
First port of call is to get another strap to make it a little more secure, then work out a better way to stop it moving sideways, rather than using the indicator mounts.

All in all, it's a great little bag for carrying light items. So far it's had sleeping bags, foam and a birthday present in.
It doesn't slide or move about much and it stays put at 70mph, but I'm not sure it's something I'd trust long term as is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
looks good mate, guess that's where having the standard tail helps out, i used it to hook my free fast bike bungee netting to whilst experimenting with how much shopping i could bring back from the supermarket, as it happens, bag of frozen chips, 1L bottle of dilute orange and a 4 pint of milk fits pretty well!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah! That's what I was thinking.
I've seen a few people who've managed to bungee things using that fat old bit of plastic.
Suppose it did have 1 use then :p
I dunno, if I get to use this more and more, I might fabricate something to bolt into the holes the tail tidy fits in.
Probably not though, this setup's alreet.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Killachipmunk said:
Yeah! That's what I was thinking.
I've seen a few people who've managed to bungee things using that fat old bit of plastic.
Suppose it did have 1 use then :p
I dunno, if I get to use this more and more, I might fabricate something to bolt into the holes the tail tidy fits in.
Probably not though, this setup's alreet.
I thought about trying to get something that I could fit under tail behind tail tidy just to fit pair of trainers and shirt or something. Wrapped in plastic for dirt of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Or you could pass some straps under the pillion seat?

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's usually £25, but I don't see it in their new catalogue!
Yeah, I was thinking that would be the best way to secure it Cam, but given the infrequent use and the fact my seat's always been stuck on, I thought I wouldn't bother trying to get too technical just yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts