Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys quick question what's the best h.i.d kit to get and I'm looking for 8000k for both main and dip, would appriciate ifyou could also let me know where I could purchase it.

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
jayr125 said:
Hey guys quick question what's the best h.i.d kit to get and I'm looking for 8000k for both main and dip, would appriciate ifyou could also let me know where I could purchase it.
I think people have recommended the 4300's as they are bright enough without giving off to much of a blue light....
But saying that I have gone for a cheap 8000 on mine, just waiting for it :p

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
You can get away with 6000k My bike pass mot with them

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Only when you go from low beam to high beam, might also be worth doing the dual headlight mod, so the low beam remains on at all times, and only the high beam is switchable.
probably a stupid question but why would this cause problems? i thought you should have both HID bulbs? o_O

·
Registered
712 Posts
probably a stupid question but why would this cause problems? i thought you should have both HID bulbs? :confused:
Because HID bulbs are not instant light, there is a delay as the ballast charges, so switching from low to high causes a temporary loss of lighting. It's also not good for HID lights to be switched on and off as it shortens there life. Yes it is a short period in time, but it's still an outage, and now think, what happens if the HID unit fails in one, the other has switched off, then you have to come back, it's definitely not a situation I would want to be in.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Only when you go from low beam to high beam, might also be worth doing the dual headlight mod, so the low beam remains on at all times, and only the high beam is switchable.
Or do the r6 switch mod so you get hazards and it does the dual h/l mod too :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Because HID bulbs are not instant light, there is a delay as the ballast charges, so switching from low to high causes a temporary loss of lighting. It's also not good for HID lights to be switched on and off as it shortens there life. Yes it is a short period in time, but it's still an outage, and now think, what happens if the HID unit fails in one, the other has switched off, then you have to come back, it's definitely not a situation I would want to be in.
ok i see now thanks for clearing that up :p does that apply to xenon bulbs from halfords? the ones that dont require any fiddling around or drilling etc just slap them in to the existing holders?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
ok i see now thanks for clearing that up :p does that apply to xenon bulbs from halfords? the ones that dont require any fiddling around or drilling etc just slap them in to the existing holders?
Can't say I know personally. Call On Benji again!

·
Registered
712 Posts
No the xenon bulbs from halfords are fine, they are just an uprated ordinary bulb as in they are a filament type bulb.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Good stuff, put before and after pics when you get them :)

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Hi guys

Had my headlights done buy these guys! Bloke knew the bike inside out! Looks the Nu*s too! www.essexbikes.com

Doe's anyone know if it is hard to change front pads on my bike?
Thanks
did you watch him do it? did he have to modify the highbeam side???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, never let anyone touch my bike unless i am there lol! He was really quick on low beam but then did do something extra to high beam side, not sure what he did but its sound. Good stuff

1 - 20 of 27 Posts