Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, 12 posts in thought i'd introduce myself.

33 years old - living down in the land of tractors and milk maids - Devonshire.

Back in my younger years (16-18) got into bikes had:
Suzuki ts50 - 73cc kit, fresco front pipe, depp silencer - that thing was the love of my life miss that 2 stroke
Honda vision 50cc - bag of shit
Honda xl125 - bit disapointing first experience of 4 stroke bike.

Crashed and wrote off both Honda's - through being young dumb and very stupid. Switched over to cars when I started my light vehicle mechanics course.

So recently the missus got a new job and our working hours clashed. I needed something that was cheap to run so we checked out a YZF 125 up at George Whites in Swindon. Couldn't believe how good that thing looked. toss up between that and a CBR 125 but I don't think they look half as good. So the YZF was my birthday present. :) Paid for it in full, arranged delivery for the following week down to Plymouth. George White went into administration the day before it was to be delivered. shat myself because she paid for it by debit card no protection. Anyway after a week of calls to the administrators the manager they kept on up there gave me a ring I could have the bike (WOOP) but they couldnt deliver it and I had to go up to sign release papers in person. Thought screw it I'll just ride it back. And that's just what I did. That was at near the end of January when we had all that snow up the midlands. Yeah 160 mile ride home through shitty b roads - snow, rain, ice and freezing my tits off. Only good bit was going through Salisbury and driving by Stonehenge. Would'a stopped and taken a photo but I dont think I would have been able to hold the camera still lol. 1st time on a bike in 15 years boy that was an experience!

And that's my story. Just waiting on me 182 kit and cam fingers crossed turn up today - will do a blog on it.

Good to meet you all :)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Wow dude first of all welcome to the forum... That is one hell of a pick up story must have been a crazy ride. Hope you enjoy your stay and hopefully see you at a future meet.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Now thats a real enthusiast! =] The weather was defo cold around those times too! I bet you was smiling still when you got home :D - have you got your full licence? feel free to inbox me. Please let me know when you get a blog up and when kit arrives etc, I cannot wait - like a kid on christmas eve night!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Wow, now THAT is a story :p
I reckon they should make it in to a film...

the lengths a man will go to for his machine ;)

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Hold up, hold up...

Milk maids you say eh? ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hold up, hold up...

Milk maids you say eh? ;)
Ok Ok, milk maids might be a little stretch from the truth, but I gotta try to keep up the Devonshire mystic right :) We do have baby pasties though, out grazing in the fields!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now thats a real enthusiast! =] The weather was defo cold around those times too! I bet you was smiling still when you got home :D - have you got your full licence? feel free to inbox me. Please let me know when you get a blog up and when kit arrives etc, I cannot wait - like a kid on christmas eve night!
Hell yes I was still smiling! It was frozen to my face :D
As for the license.. almost, theory and mod1 done. I have my mod2 booked in less than 2 weeks. I will pass (I bloody hope I do) bit of a gamble but I was never one to shy from a bet (or a poker table for that matter)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts