Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my CBT this Sunday!
Old man has been a life long bike rider with several bikes to pick from when I'm fully passed - figured we're both getting older and it would be cool to go riding with him.

Looking at 125's - having a serious issue with deciding on - do I buy new (2022 blue model), do I buy used - and if so how used? I've seen one for 4k I like (2021), but has over 3k miles on the clock. Would that put anyone off or good purchase for a starting bike? I still have doubts that R125 is suitable for my age (40+) but it seems to be a great all-rounder for learning and providing fun.

Suspect my first longer distance drive will be Kirby Lonsdale - not in a car or once! :)

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
604 Posts
yeah it seems to be pretty much "do you prefer fully faired bikes" (and cannot lie) ;)

Speed seems reasonably comparable tho I'd expect the R125 maybe have a slight aerodynamic edge at full speed. Past 80 you really feel the difference the aero makes.

(slender) 40+ rider here and absolutely enjoying my (quite elderly) '08 R125. If you're a big guy then I could see it getting boring pretty quick but otherwise, esp after a bit of a tune-up, it's plenty fast enough to scare myself on but not so fast I'll die/get banned straight away.

Imho if you know you're a tinkerer/tuner get a gen1, if you're a very confident tinkerer then gen2 and if you're gonna leave it stock then newest or whatever sparks the most joy and is comfortable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts