Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i do not know if anyone has purchased this must have book but thanks to a 33% discount from a friend in a book shop i should have it by the end of this week.

I am going to be willing to scan certain parts of the book as and when requested by a forum member so this post will be for requesting parts of the book that you require to help you. I will post up the table of contents when i get the book and then we can go from there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,218 Posts
I cannot condone scanning and sharing this book, due to copyrights etc.
As mentioned in the forum rules, the site, and the staff on it are not held responsible for any content posted.

To those reading, this isn't a 'free' version of the book. If you find the book useful, then I suggest you buy a copy for yourself. That is all I will say on the matter.

But back to your question... it's a script I am running, in an attempt to have all thread titles look tidy.
90% of the time it works well, but as you just discovered in certain cases it CAN be annoying.

Nothing I can do about it, sorry.
Random or poor capitalisation all over the site is more annoying to me than the odd occasion like this where it messes up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,218 Posts
I have used my super admin powers to turn back time ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I take it you are going to go through and delete all the other copyrighted things on the forum. This discussion in its self was not breaching any copy right laws you just don't like to be wrong!! I think the word for what you have said here is hypercritical if I'm honest with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,218 Posts
I'm not trying to hide the conversation... I just thought it was getting a little out of hand, I really did not mean to start an argument.
I came across differently to how I meant, I can see exactly what you were on about and I agree with you.

This was me admitting that, and letting us start fresh, without the arguing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,207 Posts
There is a fine line between scanning an entire book and using a couple of images off the net Scott.
I agree that you should definitely scan bits in that will help people as and when they're needed, but to me just taking the whole book and sticking it up feels wrong.
I'm not personally gonna take either side though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Killachipmunk said:
There is a fine line between scanning an entire book and using a couple of images off the net Scott.
I agree that you should definitely scan bits in that will help people as and when they're needed, but to me just taking the whole book and sticking it up feels wrong.
I'm not personally gonna take either side though.
AM I GOING TO HAVE TO SAY THIS AGAIN!!!! AT NO POINT DID I EVER OFFER TO SCAN THE WHOLE BOOK AND PUT IT UP HERE!!!!!! I SIMPLY OFFERED TO POST BITS OF THE BOOK IF PEOPLE NEEDED IT! THIS FORUM HAS TO MANY KIDS THAT DO NOT READ THINGS PROPERLY! I'VE NEVER HAD SO MUCH SHITE FOR TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,594 Posts
Scott Murphy said:
AM I GOING TO HAVE TO SAY THIS AGAIN!!!! AT NO POINT DID I EVER OFFER TO SCAN THE WHOLE BOOK AND PUT IT UP HERE!!!!!! I SIMPLY OFFERED TO POST BITS OF THE BOOK IF PEOPLE NEEDED IT! THIS FORUM HAS TO MANY KIDS THAT DO NOT READ THINGS PROPERLY! I'VE NEVER HAD SO MUCH SHITE FOR TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
I got what you were saying. I guess I'm the only one....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,218 Posts
Scott, please by all means scan bits of the book that you feel would help people.
And if people ask you for sections, then please do help them, that would be amazing.

BUT, What I was trying to say, is please don't post the contents, in a thread for people solely requesting sections, as to me that crosses the line.
That is what I was trying to say, I know you never said anything about uploading the whole thing.

Can this please be the end of the discussion? I apologise for all this Scott, I never meant for it to become such a heated topic =/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fisher said:
Scott, please by all means scan bits of the book that you feel would help people.
And if people ask you for sections, then please do help them, that would be amazing.

BUT, What I was trying to say, is please don't post the contents, in a thread for people solely requesting sections, as to me that crosses the line.
That is what I was trying to say, I know you never said anything about uploading the whole thing.

Can this please be the end of the discussion? I apologise for all this Scott, I never meant for it to become such a heated topic =/
I appreciate that... Just started to feel like I was the bad guy when I have paid for the book and made my contribution to the Haynes company :D :p

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top