Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking into a few deals on other bikes. One dealer gave me three payment options on the basis of the security device fitted to the bike. There was the standard (no device fitted), second DATATAG fitted and third CAT 1 alarm installed.

The difference on the repayments being an extra £7 per month for DATATAG and an extra £13 per month for CAT 1. Equate this over a possible 36 months repayment plan and it’s a fair wedge of cash. So with this info I thought I would run it through the insurance comparison sites to see what I could save with any of these security devices installed to see if they would be worth considering.

My first search was for a bike with factory fitted Yamaha immobiliser and optional Xena disc lock alarm. Second was the same bike less the Xena but fitted with DATATAG and third same bike less Xena with CAT 1 fitted. The returning results being quite interesting, if I had the CAT 1 option fitted it would save me £19.80 a year on my premium. If I had DATATAG fitted it was going to cost me an extra £43.80 a year to insure. Equate these results over three years and you decide if it’s worth it. These results were all from the same broker and from the same comparison site.

Goes to show it pays to spend a little time doing your homework on these offers, what may appear to be a good deal may not always turn out to be so.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Total peace of mind. Priceless. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts