Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just a couple of quick questions regarding the bike. I'm missing the little oil slide that comes with the toolkit, tried searching ebay and other places but can't seem to find anywhere that does one. I know I could use something else but would like to get the original if at all possible. Need to do an oil and filter change, happy with the 10w40 castrol stuff i use but does anyone have any preferences on the best filter or is the stock yamaha one the way to go? Also the chain and sprockets look like they've seen better days and would like peoples opinions on what they buy. Finally iridium sparkplugs, are they worth buying for this bike?

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
yes iridium sparkplug worth buying
being using them from 2008

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bikerboy, there was never any noticeable difference on the cbr 125 except it made it harder to start when it was cold

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
iridium spark plug for sure, they last much longer. maybe take your chain and sprocket off give it a good old clean rather then replacing if you don't need to, my rear sprocket needs a clean!!

have a look at the approved trader - http://r125forum.com/threads/hi-from-oilman-opie-oils.323/

if you check sale section you will see his recommendations etc

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice one thanks, used loads of parafin on it last sunday plus gt85 and expensive degreaser, no major difference. It's safe to ride for the time being but the previous owner didnt take care of it at all. I doubt whether he even lubed it at all.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
With the iridium plugs, there wont be any performance gains, but at only a couple quid more, you may as well!
They do last longer :)

If you DO end up replacing the chain and sprocket, generally the BEST is:
Renthal rear sprocket + DID X-ring gold chain.
But anything by DID is generally pretty good...
You will want to keep the stock sizes though, don't gear it up or down.
Unless you particularly want more acceleration at the cost of top speed?

I have always used the OEM filter, or the Hi-Flo filter, depending on what is in stock at my local dealer. The Hi-Flo was SLIGHTLY cheaper, but we are literally talking a pound or so difference. They are more or less identicle, and highly doubt it will make any difference.

You could always just remove the exhaust? or otherwise use anything really...
Put up a seperate thread here... most people on here have aftermarket exhausts, and so we don't actually NEED that plate thing as you have to remove the exhaust altogether to access the sump plug. If I still had my bike I would of given you mine :p
Someone on here must have one going spare?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
iv just put a irridum plug in...u dont really notice it much but they are worth an extra £3 for them lasting longer!

i use hi-flo oil filters on my bike and they are the same as the genuin!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts