Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I’ve just been given a gear indicator and thought I may as well fit it to my 2016 model but I’m having a bit of difficulty identifying the correct wires to get it installed. Has anybody else on here fitted one?
It’s only 4 wires and 2 of them are to the battery but need to know where the speed sensor wire is on an ABS model and the crankshaft sensor wire.
Any help is appreciated!

cheers

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
552 Posts
have you got a service manual for the 2016 bike? That might not be a bad starting point if you can find one. I've only got the 08-13 service manual for my bike (which is non-abs) so likely not much use to you :-\

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve had a look for a wiring diagram but the only ones I can seem to find are 2008 ones. I’ve got an idea of the speed sensor wire now, think it might be the ABS wire coming from the rear wheel but unsure if the sinal is okay coming from that cable and not post ABS computer.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
On the previous models the speed sensor is on the front wheel with a wire leading all the way down to it, if that's not the case on the 2016 then you most likely got the right wire. I've also found this diagram of sorts that might be of use. It shows that one end of the sensor is in the lower centre of the bike and I'm sure you can Google what it looks like, find it and trace the wiring back to make sure that it is what you think it is. (Speed sensor is labeled number 8)

Edit: Attached another screenshot that suggests it is leading from the front wheel on the 2016 just like previous years. (Title of the picture in screenshot)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve had a look for a wiring diagram but the only ones I can seem to find are 2008 ones. I’ve got an idea of the speed sensor wire now, think it might be the ABS wire coming from the rear wheel but unsure if the sinal is okay coming from that cable and not post ABS computer.
how did u find the speed sensor and how did u tap knit the wires? i’ve got a gear indicator but i can’t seem to work out how to fit it. it’s for my 2018 r125 do you think you could help?

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
552 Posts
have you got a link to the gear indicator (e.g. on ebay or wherever you got it), then we might be able to tell what sort of inputs it requires, and whether it'll be possible?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts