Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys im planning on doing my mod 1 and 2 and was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and what do you do to help prepare for them? also i have lost the baffle for my exhaust so would that affect whether i can do the tests or not? thanks

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
hi guys im planning on doing my mod 1 and 2 and was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and what do you do to help prepare for them? also i have lost the baffle for my exhaust so would that affect whether i can do the tests or not? thanks
I passed mod1 on Fridy and then failed mod2 on Monday so i am half way through just ave to wait the 10 days till i can do mod2 again... advice for mod2 is to just make sure you do all your checks and signals and just ride as safe as you can, the route itself is not usually very hard and around 30-40mins depending on traffic and involved all kinds of riding situations... junctions, roundabouts and little side roads in different ways.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for the advice mate. any on mod 1?

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Jason said:
cheers for the advice mate. any on mod 1?
Yeah don't crawl round just keep a medium pace going through slalom and take a wide line when doing figure 8 as when tight likely to put foot down. On u turn just take your time and look round and do not look at the line but down the end of the course otherwise your likely to go on the line. On quick moves I was going around 23-25 round the bend and just full throttle in 2nd once on straight. Examiner gives clear instructions so just listen to him relax and you'll be done in less than 10 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
However much I hate saying this...
Search the forum, there is LOADS of advice already on here....

This is the ONE time I will say that ^^

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Yeah don't crawl round just keep a medium pace going through slalom and take a wide line when doing figure 8 as when tight likely to put foot down. On u turn just take your time and look round and do not look at the line but down the end of the course otherwise your likely to go on the line. On quick moves I was going around 23-25 round the bend and just full throttle in 2nd once on straight. Examiner gives clear instructions so just listen to him relax and you'll be done in less than 10 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
dont put your foot down like i did :Doh:

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Very true what Fisher said - I done mod 1 start at about 9.33 finished it at 9.40. Gona book mod 2 soon. For mod 2 use the search bar quite alot of info now :) cannot wait to do it!

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Jason you need your baffle in
i had to change my one back to stock

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Yeah cos your akra is illegal even with baffle in, not sure I'd wanna hear with it out, I've probably heard quiter rock gigs!

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Yeah cos your akra is illegal even with baffle in, not sure I'd wanna hear with it out, I've probably heard quiter rock gigs!
you need to hear it man sound sweet but my right ear hurts so put it back in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts