Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started my bike this morning, and went to pull away, but the throttle would not twist! It was frozen solid! (mind you, it was -5 C!)

So anyway, after a bit of forcefull twisting, it twisted all the way round to the fully open position, and got stuck again, leaving my bike red-lining :O (I'm sure my neighbours love me now!)

After more twisting, it started to become 'looser', so it could operate the throttle. However, it did not 'spring' back to the idle position, so I had to twist it back myself, which was... interesting when coming up to roundabouts!

Eventually, after leaving my bike in the sun (still -2 C!) and about to ebark on the return journey from college, the throttle had thawed, and was once again, fully operational.

Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds ............. Interesting I recommend putting some good old wd40 down it to make sure its its oil ive done this in the past on pit bikes and it seemed to work.

Hope its a help!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I maight do! Thanks for the tip! I will see what it is like tomorrow, because I think it is going to get pretty cold tonight.
It's already -7 degrees C down here in devon! :S I think it is going to get colder still aswell!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Thank god it's fixed now. But no, I haven't personally. Sounds nasty tho. Be grateful it didn't suddenly get stuck wen your bombing it down a main road and then you couldn't shut it!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gweglez, you worry way too much! That's what the clutch is for! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
True but still. Wouldn't be good
Yeah, I was joking! My mate's old Aprillia RS50's throttle used to stick, from where he put heated grips on! (not too well apparently!)

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
HEY!
I put heated grips on mine...

But they are SLIGHTLY too big, and so they rub against the bar ends, which means if I screw the bar end on properly, the throttle doesn't snap.
I quite enjoy it sometimes actually... Like cruise control :)
I could put my feet up if I wanted to :p

But it doesn't feel natural whilst riding though I will admit....

Reactions: R125 Rob

·
Registered
132 Posts
HEY!
I put heated grips on mine...

But they are SLIGHTLY too big, and so they rub against the bar ends, which means if I screw the bar end on properly, the throttle doesn't snap.
I could put my feet up if I wanted to :p

But it doesn't feel natural whilst riding though I will admit....
http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/ or get the safe version :)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I was enjoying it too! It gave me chance to flex my fingers on both hands at the same time to warm them up, rather than usually just the left hand!

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Yeah, I was enjoying it too! It gave me chance to flex my fingers on both hands at the same time to warm them up, rather than usually just the left hand!
I do no hands ;)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i take it u leave ur bike outside lol!
Yeah, but it is covered up by an old dust sheet, an Oxford Bike cover, and a doubled-over tarp!

It's just that the air temp. was -8 degrees or something!

Anyway, it's warmed up now in Devon. Back to the rain!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah! It F**KING IS!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts