Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I will have to renew my chain & sprockets. I have seen different size front sprockets (13, 14 & 15 teeth) and I appreciate they would change the gearing, but would they also affect the speedo reading. One more question. the speedo cover is cracked, can I get just a cover replacement?
Best regards,
John

·
Registered
65 Posts
That depends on what year your bike is. The first gen YZF had the speedo sensor on the front wheel, and the newer generations I believe have it on the rear wheel

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nah, I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t affect your Speedo, I think the main thing regarding a speedo error would be changing the tyre wall sizes, e.g I’ve gone down by 10 and wider by 10 on both wheels and in that I’ve improved my cornering, gained a slight bit of acceleration, gained hella style points and lost about 7/8 mph 😂, all in all it’s decent 👌

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
475 Posts
changing sprocket shouldn't affect your speedo reading. Speed measurement goes by revolutions of the wheel and whether front wheel or rear wheel: 1 revolution of the wheel on 14t = 1 revolution of the wheel on 13t

1 - 5 of 5 Posts