Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently busted a seal from riding her too hard xS took the forks off and got a garage to replace the seal because cba to deal with making an oil mess, got the forks back but the "repaired" fork doesn't dampen at all it just springs right back with any tension put on it, the garage is saying this is normal ? am I just being a noob xD ? as I would have assumed having the forks identical would be essential to my corner balance etc ? any knowledge would be greatly appreciate.

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
632 Posts
> So recently busted a seal from riding her too hard xS
ha it happens ;)

> but the "repaired" fork doesn't dampen at all it just springs right back with any tension put on it, the garage is saying this is normal
have you got the fork back on the bike already and it's bouncing back immediately with the weight of the bike on it, or does it jsut seem to bounce back before you've fitted the forks (i.e. testing without the weight of the bike on it)..

I ask because without the weight of the bike on the foks, they'll feel a lot less damped than with the bike's weight on it. Sorry if that's obvious but would make a difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the forks to anther garage to get there opinion, the guy said to me that its normal and that other bikes like the Aprilla RS have a similar fork setup so nothing to worry about, she actually feels smoother now xD so thats always a plus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts