Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all you will want to clean (with degreaser) and then oil (with chain lube or grease) the spring and the main join as pictured here.

p.s. if your chain looks like mine here, then you DESPERATELY need to give it some TLC before it gets worse!

Next up you will want to locate the side stand sensor. This looks like a little piston, which will rub against a curved metal plate. You will want to remove this (for easy access). Clean it with degreaser, and re-lube with chain lube or grease ensuring the lube gets inside the piston. Clean the gunk of the metal plate, and reattach the sensor.

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
I use Silocone spray on things like that... amazing stuff! Sprayed under my throttle as went stiff and now super responsive.
im going get the shop to sort it out while they doing my tyre

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It WAS my chain. My chain is shiny again :D

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
How often you guys lube chain? or just as and when it needs. Also how often do you inflate tyres? Or same thing as and when?
every week i clean and lube it
but you guys have the o ring chain make the little rubber ring oil up
after wash too

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I lube mine as and when.

Every time it rains, I check it.
Every 250 - 500 miles I check it.
Every time I was the bike (not very often at the moment) I lube it.

I inflate my tyres whenever I am at a garage, with 20p to spare...
Or if I feel the bike is handling a bit odd...

·
Registered
870 Posts
I do a full check, before every ride. Light's. Brakes. Tires. Chain.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
DW. said:
I do a full check, before every ride. Light's. Brakes. Tires. Chain.
Do you use your bike every day? I usually just give the tyres a quick squeeze an if the bike starts I leave running on my drive for about 10 mins while I am getting my boots on etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
870 Posts
90% of the time yes.
Ive got into the habit of it. You never know what could happen from ride to ride. Even 1psi can have a affect on handling.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
90% of the time yes.
Ive got into the habit of it. You never know what could happen from ride to ride. Even 1psi can have a affect on handling.
I use my bike WAY too often.
Generally, I can hear / feel if there is something wrong.
I can even tell if the oil is running low normally (although I do still check from time to time).

·
Registered
870 Posts
I check oil once a week.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I use my bike WAY too often.
Generally, I can hear / feel if there is something wrong.
I can even tell if the oil is running low normally (although I do still check from time to time).
Same here if something feels wrong i check it... i am probably the same with the use as my clock has 4000 miles on it and i have only had it 3 months :D Just came back today from Newcastle, 600 mile round trip (overnight stay)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Back to the original post, why go to all that hastle? Just put a few drops of 3 in 1 oil on the pivot, and a few on the spring, and it will be fine!
Took me about 3 seconds, but took me at leas ten just to read this post! That's all I'm sayin'!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is all I am doing...

Cleaning the gunk off, and spraying oil on.
I am just making sure I work the oil in...

Cleaning old gunk off never hearts. And I actually found this very simple job very therapeutic, and it gave me massive self satisfaction.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts