Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Failed yesterday :( (the 3rd), is it the same with a car test - having to wait 10 days before re-taking? So would that be the 13th, or the 15th (Good Friday, Easter Monday) ?

I failed due to a "Serious" fault of positioning.
I was stopped in the road to turn right, but there was apparently a "turning box" that I should've been in, which I didn't go in due to it not having an arrow pointing right (as they usually do?), and the fact that it was about 3 or 4 ft wide, and therefore wouldn't fit a car..
When I told him why I didn't go in the box, he said to me I should have positioned myself with my wheels very close to the center line of the road (bearing in mind there was oncoming traffic, I stayed about 3/4s in), and a car was still able to pass me on the left, so I really didn't see the problem. But oh well, there's always next time!

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
i am not sure how long you have to wait

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Sorry to hear that, they are so fussy now! I'm not sure but I think you can re book for the following week. But I've been reading a lot of stuff lately as I am booking mod 1 tomorrow that no where does it state that you gave to wait anytime at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
686 Posts
iirc there's no time restrictions.

if you're turning right, you should always be within a foot at max of the centre line. remember, oncoming traffic is meant to stay on *their* side of that line. as long as you are on your side, you should be alright. if you're turning right across a lane of traffic and there is space to get out of the carriageway, then you should try to get inside that space (as long as there are no cross-hatchings or KEEP CLEAR stamped all over it).

·
Registered
762 Posts
Its 10 days before you can rebook. Dont take it to heart mate, I failed a few weeks ago, too. Next time, eh?

·
Registered
762 Posts
couldn't agree more :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
and then there are those of us who wait 11 months between booking Mod 1 and Mod 2... :D

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts