Yamaha YZF R125 Forum and Owners Club: Friendly bike community for all. Exhaust Questions :) | R125 Forum
Change
  1. BOTM Winner
    Congratulations grayej! You are the winner of November's BOTM competition!

Please visit the BOTM section to see more entries, or to enter this month.

Click here to enter!

Exhaust Questions :)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nobby91, Oct 14, 2020.

1. nobby91

nobby91

Current Bike (Optional):
    2019 yzf r125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    hey all hope your all doing good. so i have a 2019 yzf r125 and i want abit more noise without spending 200 plus on a system. have any of you just cut the stock end can off and left it at that?
  2. R125Forum.com Advertisement

3. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125, Gasgas TXT 280, Stretched Neos
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    I think the later ones have o2 sensors so you may not have many options re full systems anyway.

Besides just cos we haven't that doesn't mean you couldn't do so :). There's plenty of slip-on type silencers on ebay...you could almost certainly find one to fit the residual pipe diameter.. tho that seems kinda a shame for a nice 2019 bike.
  4. nobby91

nobby91

Current Bike (Optional):
    2019 yzf r125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    No there are no sensors on the exhaust but is one just on the head where exhaust comes out. The only problem with getting full system is there are none off any other bike that fit so very restricted that way as lack of choice and the few there are out there are pricey apart from black widdow bit i dont lile them tbh. If i leave the cat in place hpw loud you think it will be?
  5. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125, Gasgas TXT 280, Stretched Neos
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike