R125Forum.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short i blew my pistons, had the engine stripped, new pistons etc all replaced and working fine - since the engine was put back in, the oil levels are fine the radiator temp light doesn't come on at all and there's plenty fluid for it in there.

One thing that needs doing is my Accelerometer isn't working ( a snapped wire i know what it is, its done it before) so i cant see my speed but that as far as i can see except a blown low beam bulb is the only issue.

Starts over fine, picks up power/speed fine and so on, just seems to be soon as i'm in a high gear, full throttle or i've noticed over 7k generally revs it comes on, if i drop down a gear or slow down in the higher gear to drop the revs to say 5k the light goes off, soon as i accelerate it comes back on.

It doesn't come on when i first turn the engine over, it doesn't flash when turning over the engine at the start etc, really confused.

Could it be the fact the accelerometer wire is snapped it comes on? - Paranoid whether to build up any speed now.
YZFR125 09 Plate.

TIA

·
Registered
28 Posts
Chances are it's your coolant sensor, had the same issue you getting any errors codes on key turn ?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry just read above you don't get it when turning the key so it's intermittent , yeah my issue here was my coolant sensor but exactly same issue , does it bog a bit at 7k?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry just read above you don't get it when turning the key so it's intermittent , yeah my issue here was my coolant sensor but exactly same issue , does it bog a bit at 7k?

Ah thats a relief i think - i dunno i get worried ill do more damage if i get higher than 7k as the light comes on - hopefully a simple fix glad im not alone haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

How did you sort the issue? Replace it? or was it just not connected?

·
Registered
28 Posts
How did you sort the issue? Replace it? or was it just not connected?
Yeah so what I done was go on Facebook, search for yzfr125 parts and spares and go on there find a breaker and buy the coolant sensor it is literally a matter of going to the right side of the engine block and unscrewing the old one and putting the new one in

You might also find one on eBay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah so what I done was go on Facebook, search for yzfr125 parts and spares and go on there find a breaker and buy the coolant sensor it is literally a matter of going to the right side of the engine block and unscrewing the old one and putting the new one in

You might also find one on eBay

Great is it accessible without taking off the 503939833 parts of fairings? haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great is it accessible without taking off the 503939833 parts of fairings? haha
Ummm. I don't believe so but it's not that much work really most likely only 6 M6 bolts which are only hand tight with a Alan key

When you get to it, all you'll need is a spanner I can't remember the size of I'm honest it's been a while lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just a small disclaimer also mate, this is just what was up with mine and how I got round it, I'm not saying it's gonna hundred percent be your issue but it sounds spot on to what I had

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ummm. I don't believe so but it's not that much work really most likely only 6 M6 bolts which are only hand tight with a Alan key

When you get to it, all you'll need is a spanner I can't remember the size of I'm honest it's been a while lol

Brill, thank you for the info and reply - will have a look see whats going on - hopefully the fact its just a sensor issue and wont actually affect the bike - just light up

·
Registered
28 Posts
Brill, thank you for the info and reply - will have a look see whats going on - hopefully the fact its just a sensor issue and wont actually affect the bike - just light up
Mine was bogging a bit when it was at 7k, also is it more noticeable on a cold start?

No worries dude , it's a nightmare when there's not a lot of info out there

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine was bogging a bit when it was at 7k, also is it more noticeable on a cold start?

No worries dude , it's a nightmare when there's not a lot of info out there

It's always hated a cold start for the years I've had it haha.. but yeah it splutters a little untill it gets going and sorts itself out ha

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's always hated a cold start for the years I've had it haha.. but yeah it splutters a little untill it gets going and sorts itself out ha
Yeah so I'd say do the coolant sensor personally, it's cheap like a tenner. Easy fix if not that then I'd like into the efi system as I've read that also could be an issue into the 7k mark on a cold start , this is going from memory when I was researching a while back

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah so I'd say do the coolant sensor personally, it's cheap like a tenner. Easy fix if not that then I'd like into the efi system as I've read that also could be an issue into the 7k mark on a cold start , this is going from memory when I was researching a while back

I have a spare EFI there I think.. so should be all good if it's either fingers crossed.. thank you for all your help ☺

1 - 15 of 15 Posts