R125Forum.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short i blew my pistons, had the engine stripped, new pistons etc all replaced and working fine - since the engine was put back in, the oil levels are fine the radiator temp light doesn't come on at all and there's plenty fluid for it in there.

One thing that needs doing is my Accelerometer isn't working ( a snapped wire i know what it is, its done it before) so i cant see my speed but that as far as i can see except a blown low beam bulb is the only issue.

Starts over fine, picks up power/speed fine and so on, just seems to be soon as i'm in a high gear, full throttle or i've noticed over 7k generally revs it comes on, if i drop down a gear or slow down in the higher gear to drop the revs to say 5k the light goes off, soon as i accelerate it comes back on.

It doesn't come on when i first turn the engine over, it doesn't flash when turning over the engine at the start etc, really confused.

Could it be the fact the accelerometer wire is snapped it comes on? - Paranoid whether to build up any speed now.
YZFR125 09 Plate.

TIA

·
Registered
415 Posts
well if the speed sensor cable is bust you'll get an engine light, though when mine went it stayed gone so I got an error code (flashing sequence) when starting the bike back up which confirmed what the problem was... but I guess if it happens at speed there's no error codes sequence.. so hmm. interesting.

so do you never get a speed reading on the display but the engine light isn't on at that point and only comes on later? cos if so that's weird. No speed reading should mean engine light right away + error code on boot, right?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts