Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 10 minutes and 6 miles down the road on my ride home from work just, my bike started going crazy. i was doing 60mph in 5th, which is only like 8k RPM. it started to go nuts as though i was red-lining it in 1st. then it started to misfire, like it did when i ran out of petrol. i shifted up to 6th and slowed a little and it was fine. i opened the throttle to speed up a little and it started misfiring again.

i got to a petrol station, making sure not to move the throttle at all as i was on an urban clearway dual carriageway, rolled up to the traffic lights and it cut out. i wheeled it into the car park and tried to start it. it was reluctant, like on a cold morning. it started, i left it for a second, revved it and it cut out. this happened a number of times. i left it 10 minutes whilst i thought about what to do and started it again, all seemed fine. i did a few circles in the car park to make sure that it was okay and nursed it home. didn't happen again.

any thoughts? can the rain make your bike misfire? all the electrics stayed on, lights, dash, etc., every time it cut out.

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
I had this problem on my cbf with the bike over heating.... But that was because my bike is air cooled...
Have a look at your oil level, that is something I got told makes the engine do that..

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yes the rain can cause you problems, sounds like a throttle position sensor to me, bit of damp in the back of a connector would soon cause you problems, leaving everything else looking normal.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Sounds exactly like my TZR in the heavy rain last year.
Any news on how it's running now?

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Mine did exactly this.
I left it overnight, it briefly happened again the following day, but by the third day it was absolutely find again!

Mine happened after going through a puddle!
Try also spraying everythign with WD40!

Silly Italians have never heard of rain...

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
This actually happened to me tonight on the way back I think.
Luckily I still had another three cylinders to get me home :D

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not even been outside for days. will check today. hopefully it will have dried out enough for me to want to sit outside pulling panels off of it. thanks, guys.

·
Registered
558 Posts
had this with my bike to for a short time, left where i parked up and went through town in the middle of town it starts to misfire and go crazzy on me, tried to rev it high and see if helped and didnt so turned off my engine and rolled to a stop, really shiting my self at the time, checked some of the electrics and dried any wet bits then started her up and was fine. so glad ive seen this thread now, will put my mind at rest with that issue, never done it before :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts